Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1119
Testimonials and online reviews are the new “social proof” for dentists. They take the place that used to be occupied almost exclusively by word-of-mouth referrals. But just like in-person recommendations vary in their quality and believability, so do your testimonial videos. Most dentists have too many low-quality, generic testimonial videos that don’t speak to the specific needs and wants of dental prospects. After the break, I’ll tell what makes a great dental testimonial video. And I’ll show you how to get more specific testimonials that will influence more prospects to choose your practice.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Dental patient testimonial videos are a mainstay of online marketing.
– Practically every dentist has a website featuring those testimonials.
– More and more dentists are discovering YouTube as a platform for their testimonials.
– Videos harness the power of sight and sound to influence prospects to choose you.
– But way too many dental testimonial videos miss the mark.
– To be fair, it’s hard to go wrong with “Gee, everybody at X Dental is wonderful” videos.
– But if that’s all you have on your website or YouTube channel, you’re not getting everything you could be.
– Here’s why: People with dental problems – not just those looking for routine care – have specific concerns.
– They’re looking for solutions to those problems.
– “Gee whiz” testimonials don’t speak to those specific concerns.
– They certainly don’t provide the answers that your prospects need and want.
– Your online marketing has to help prospects make the mental leap from problem to embracing the solution.
– That’s not something you should leave to chance.
– It really doesn’t matter what kind of practice you have.
– Specialized practices such as orthodontics or cosmetic dentistry treat many, many patients with specific dental issues.
– But almost every general practice has performed emergency dentistry or come up with an elegant solution to a patient’s specific need.
– Those are the stories your prospects need and want to hear – directly from the patients themselves.
– Your prospects want to know how those patients’ lives were improved through your actions.
– They want to know that, like other patients, they can count on you and your staff to help them eat without pain, smile without embarrassment, and laugh freely.
– Your prospects want to know that they can trust you to make their lives better.
– That is the single most important point your marketing can accomplish.
– It’s far more important than testimonials talking about how nice everyone is.
– Nice is expected these days and does nothing to influence prospects to choose you.
– It’s not always easy to get better testimonials.
– A lot of dentists make mistakes in how the videos are shot.
– A quick hallway interview shot on a handheld smartphone rarely comes off well.
– Dentists also make mistakes in the timing of when they ask for the interview.
– People who still have a mouth full of procaine are unlikely to say yes to appearing on camera.
– Other mistakes include choosing people your prospects have trouble relating to, and failing to guide patients to tell a good and credible story.
– The bottom line is that there are a lot of ways testimonial videos can go wrong.
– Careful dentists plan extensively to get everything right in their testimonials.
– That often includes extensive editing, because patients aren’t professional on-camera spokespeople.
– It is a huge time commitment, but an effective testimonial video gives your prospects reasons to choose you.
– On the other hand, a poorly done video gives them reasons to choose someone else.
– Dr. Randy Schmidt, a Chicago-area orthodontist, is a big fan of SmartBox’s videos.
– He told me, “You guys really have it together, from getting my website going to all the videos you filmed both in your studio and here in our office.
– “They are very well professionally done!!
– “Our staff has been very impressed with all you and your team has done.
– “And our patients now go to our website much more often, about 2 to 3 times as often as they used to, which has been incredible for our retention and internal referrals.”
– Have a look at the testimonial videos on your website and ask yourself whether they’re getting you the patients you want.
– If the answer is “no,” consider this.
– SmartBox provides world-class doctor and patient testimonial videos for our dentists as part of our industry-leading Patient Attraction System™.
– If you’re serious about growing your practice and getting better, higher-value cases, here’s what you should do.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your free Practice Discovery Session™.
– We’ll show you a Patient Attraction System™ that can double or even triple your practice.
– And you’ll receive your free, individualized Patient Attraction Roadmap™.
– Get back to doing what makes you money.
– SmartBox will take care of getting you more and better patients in your chairs.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.