Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Why You’re Bleeding Dental Prospects
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1116
You might think you’re getting a good number of new dental patients from your marketing. But have you ever wondered how many prospects you’re not getting? That includes prospects who are going to your competition because they’re not finding you online. Or because your online marketing just doesn’t answer their questions or give them reasons to choose you. Or because you need more consistency in how you approach the issue of attracting new dental patients. After the break, I’ll tell you how to gain consistency and new patients through the correct marketing approach. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I know thousands of dentists, and I know how they promote their practices.
– And based on my experience, I can tell you that it’s the exception when a dental practice has a consistent approach to marketing.
– I’ve seen it all:
– Dentists who try to attract big dental cases by advertising low price.
– Dentists who try to be everything to everybody but wind up being very little to very few people.
– Dentists whose online marketing contradicts their offline marketing.
– Dentists who essentially do no marketing and wonder why they’re not getting enough new patients.
– If there’s one thing that distinguishes most dentists’ approach to marketing, it’s inconsistency.
– There’s a reason for that.
– The vast majority of dentists market on price, discounts, and insurance acceptance.
– They market that way because that’s what the other dentists in their area are doing.
– Dentists who market on price wind up offering a variety of discounts and specials over the course of a year.
– So they become the free-exam, free-X-ray, have-a-gift-bag, warm-blanket dentist.
– Basically, they become nobody because they don’t have a firm online identity.
– Those dentists pigeonhole themselves as “just another dentist.”
– They’re not giving prospects any reason to choose them over the competition – which is increasing all the time.
– So each dentist gets a smaller slice of the pie.
– Just as a side note, it’s always amazed me how much dentists will spend, and keep spending, on crap marketing.
– This is not the way to build your business.
– You don’t need low-value patients with no loyalty to your practice.
– But what are you doing to attract people who are willing to spend thousands or tens of thousands on implants, cosmetic dentistry, or full-mouth reconstruction?
– Those better patients are a significant segment of almost every market.
– But you can’t be the discount dentist and the high-end, preferred dentist at the same time.
– If you truly enjoy an endless stream of routine exams and drill-and-fills, more power to you.
– But if you’re serious about your practice’s success, you’ve got to stop marketing to everybody and market to the patients you want to attract.
– That’s the essence of SmartBox’s industry-leading Patient Attraction System™.
– We help more than 550 dentists on 3 continents get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– SmartBox helps position dentists as the best and only logical choice to solve their prospects’ dental problems.
– We position each dentist as the likeable, relatable, trustworthy dental expert.
– We give them a consistent online identity and marketing approach.
– That’s what we did for Dr. Thomas Feder of Belleville, Illinois.
– Amazingly, he had done almost no marketing in nearly 40 years of practice.
– But he needed better patients to realize his dream of transitioning out and enjoying his retirement.
– Once he became a SmartBox dentist, here’s what he found.
– He told us,
“Our average case value has increased.
– “People are coming in looking for dentures and implants.
– “The practice is now overwhelming our dental lab.”
– If you’re serious about your success, it’s time to do things differently.
– Start by going to smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your free Practice Discovery Session™.
– We’ll show you a Patient Attraction System™ that can double or even triple your practice.
– You’ll reap the benefits of having a consistent, carefully considered marketing strategy.
– And you’ll get the better prospects in your market that you’ve been missing all this time.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.