Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 782
Your website should be the linchpin of your online dental marketing. Dr. Michael Abernathy, Founder of Summit Practice Solutions, has a lot of experience with dental websites that don’t perform. “Very few dental websites actually generate business for the dentist,” he said, “and that’s the kind of thing that Colin and SmartBox are able to accomplish.” After the break, I’ll tell you how you can get a website that attracts more of the kinds of patients you want.
– I’m Colin Receveur, Founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– SmartBox works with selected dentists to help them attract more and better dental patients.
– We help them get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– In fact, that’s all we do.
– We work with over 450 dentists on three continents, and we’ve learned something about dentists’ websites.
– Most of them are flat-out wrong.
– Most dental websites look like all the other dental websites.
– A cookie-cutter website doesn’t help a dentist stand out from the competition.
– Too many dental websites are written to impress other dentists.
– Those websites have what I call a “we-we” problem.
– They’re all about the dentists, and techniques, and equipment.
– They’re not focused on dental patients and their problems.
– Patients don’t care about your equipment.
– They care about finding solutions to their dental issues.
– Your website has to give prospective patients a reason to choose your practice.
– It has to provide easy-to-understand answers for their problems.
– And it must convince new patients that you’re the likeable dental expert to help them.
– Is your website doing that?
– Another thing about most dental websites is that people aren’t finding them.
– Competition for first-page search results is fierce, and it’s getting worse.
– If your website isn’t optimized for local search, patients won’t find you.
– But doing search engine optimization, or SEO, isn’t a good use of your time.
– You make money treating dental patients, not figuring out the right long-tail keywords for your website.
– Finally, a website alone won’t get you enough patients who stay, pay, and refer.
– All of your marketing has to drive people to your website.
– Because your website is where the vast majority of patients decide to choose you, or not.
– If you’d like me to evaluate your website and tell you how it can be improved, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Resources tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos, and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.