Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click Here.
Patient Attraction Episode 635
I’m here today to tell you that you are missing one of the biggest chances to showcase your dental practice to new patients. After the break, I’ll unveil the secrets to creating testimonials that will resonate with the RIGHT audience and give you more and better patients. Stay tuned.
– Colin here, and welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– Today, I want to start a four-part series about patient testimonials and how to use them to attract more patients.
– Testimonials are certainly not a new way to attract people to your dental practice.
– In fact, they are one the oldest tricks in the book, but it’s alarming to see how so many dentists are incorrectly using testimonials.
– I see dentists who have poorly crafted testimonials, testimonials that lack content or emotional draw, and perhaps most importantly, testimonials about services the dentist does not want to promote.
– Here’s the thing that sets apart standard testimonials from EFFECTIVE testimonials:
– A testimonial should mirror the image of your practice and promote the cases you want to take on.
– Do not waste your time compiling testimonials about general care when you want to take on more dental implant cases.
– If you have the right testimonials, you’ll attract the RIGHT PATIENTS.
– Too many dentists populate their websites with testimonials that are, frankly, unrelatable.
– Potential patients like to see testimonials from real people who have real problems and remind them of themselves.
– We can all tell when someone has been coached on what to say or when a testimonial is phony.
– Too much praise does not pass the smell test for us as consumers or dental patients.
– That said, do not shy away from the cynics, because we are ALL cynics and skeptics.
– We want people to prove to us that their product is the best or that we NEED this certain dental treatment.
– So, address the cynics head-on in your testimonials, and it’s OK to bring up your patients’ fears and trepidations.
– Over the next few days, I want to discuss ways testimonials can help you target the right patients and grow your dental practice.
– It all starts with seeking testimonials from patients who fit the culture of your dental practice.
– All dental patients want to see results from people who remind them of themselves, and you can provide that with thoughtful and professional testimonials.
– If you’d like me to evaluate your website and tell you how it can be improved, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Learn tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review about halfway down the page. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– Join me again tomorrow when I’ll share essential ways to use PAIN to your benefit.
– Until then, keep moving forward.