Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
A survey released in 2015 showed that mobile searches for doctors and dentists ranked fourth-highest out of 20 categories. Not only is a mobile website essential for dentists but you have to give them what they want when patients get there. I’ll explain after the break.
– Let’s continue our look at the importance of mobile-optimized websites for dental practices.
– I’m Colin Receveur, and welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– Yesterday’s episode revealed just how prevalent mobile search is becoming.
– Based on the results of a survey released last year, 77 percent of users used their mobile devices to search one or more times.
– Nearly one-fourth searched once a week or more often.
– And 27 percent searched at least once for a doctor or dentist.
– 61 percent are more likely to contact you if you have a mobile website.
– Having a website that’s optimized for mobile viewing is crucial if you want potential patients to choose you.
– Because if your site doesn’t work well on their phone or tablet, they’ll choose another dentist.
– Today, let’s look at what patients value once they’re on your mobile site.
– In descending order: your physical address, maps and driving directions, hours of operation, and your phone number.
– So, where are you, how do I find you, are you open, and what number do I call?
– That suggests that mobile search users may be more ready to contact you than non-mobile searchers.
– And the flip side of this is that the things most likely to STOP mobile searchers from using your practice are the LACK of a map, physical address, and phone number.
– Nearly three-quarters of mobile searchers expect you to have a mobile-optimized site.
– And nearly 9 out of 10 are put off if your site doesn’t work well on their device.
– Remember that key number: 61 percent are more likely to contact you if your site works on their mobile device.
– These are people you may or may not already be marketing to.
– They may be people who have found you on their own.
– AND who are ready to contact you for services.
– A dentist who doesn’t give ready-made customers what they want is missing out.
– Don’t be one of them.
– In today’s fast-moving world, people value ease of locating information, ease of website use, and ease of contact.
– Having a mobile-optimized website, like the ones we build for all of our clients, is one of the best ways to give potential patients what they want.
– Almost every dentist wants more and better patients.
– If your website doesn’t work well across all devices, or if it doesn’t contain up front the information that mobile search users value, you won’t get those patients.
– That concludes our two-day look at dental mobile websites.
– Join me tomorrow when I’ll discuss why searching for the magic bullet of dental marketing will get you nowhere.
– Until then, keep moving forward.