Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 985
Google is moving toward “mobile first” search engine page results, a change that is bound to catch some dentists unprepared. After the break, I’ll tell you why mobile rules and what you need to do to prosper. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO & Founder of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– The number of searches from mobile devices first overtook desktop searches in 2015, and mobile continues to pull away.
– Google has taken note.
– On November 4th, 2016, Google announced that it would prioritize mobile-compatible search results on its web pages.
– It called the new emphasis “mobile-first indexing.”
– The top search results will be from mobile-compatible sites.
– If your website is already mobile compatible or uses responsive design that automatically adjusts to the device being used, you should be fine.
– Likewise, sites that feature Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) will do well.
– The move is likely to take at least some dentists by surprise, although it shouldn’t.
– For anyone who pays attention to online marketing, the writing has been on the wall for some time.
– SmartBox has been designing mobile-responsive sites for years.
– But if you’re like far too many dentists, your website was launched years ago and you’ve given it minor updates, if any.
– That outdated website is going to put you into a deep online hole because your prospects will have to search multiple results pages just to find you.
– Most of them won’t bother, and they’ll go to one of your competitors’ sites.
– There’s really no time to waste in getting your website up to date because even once you do, it will take Google some time to re-index it.
– You need to move your website into this new mobile age as quickly as you can.
– Otherwise, you can expect to see a major dip in your new patient numbers, and that dip will continue.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.