Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 985
Google is moving toward “mobile first” search engine page results, a change that is bound to catch some dentists unprepared. After the break, I’ll tell you why mobile rules and what you need to do to prosper. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO & Founder of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– The number of searches from mobile devices first overtook desktop searches in 2015, and mobile continues to pull away.
– Google has taken note.
– On November 4th, 2016, Google announced that it would prioritize mobile-compatible search results on its web pages.
– It called the new emphasis “mobile-first indexing.”
– The top search results will be from mobile-compatible sites.
– If your website is already mobile compatible or uses responsive design that automatically adjusts to the device being used, you should be fine.
– Likewise, sites that feature Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) will do well.
– The move is likely to take at least some dentists by surprise, although it shouldn’t.
– For anyone who pays attention to online marketing, the writing has been on the wall for some time.
– SmartBox has been designing mobile-responsive sites for years.
– But if you’re like far too many dentists, your website was launched years ago and you’ve given it minor updates, if any.
– That outdated website is going to put you into a deep online hole because your prospects will have to search multiple results pages just to find you.
– Most of them won’t bother, and they’ll go to one of your competitors’ sites.
– There’s really no time to waste in getting your website up to date because even once you do, it will take Google some time to re-index it.
– You need to move your website into this new mobile age as quickly as you can.
– Otherwise, you can expect to see a major dip in your new patient numbers, and that dip will continue.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.