Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 827
If you haven’t seen the movie “Galaxy Quest,” you’ve missed a great sci-fi comedy. But there’s a takeaway from that movie that all small business owners, including dentists, should pay attention to. I’ll be back after the break to tell you more. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– The movie “Galaxy Quest” stars Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, and Alan Rickman of Harry Potter fame.
– It’s a blast, and I recommend it.
– What I recommend more is the phrase that occurs time and again during the movie.
– “Never give up. Never surrender.”
– There’s a lot of wisdom there.
– I’m a small business owner and I know that the challenges you face can seem overwhelming at times.
– This is particularly true if your supply of new dental patients is drying up.
– Those are the lifeblood of your practice.
– I know it’s easy to get discouraged, particularly when you face more competition than ever before and corporate dentistry that wants to put you out of business.
– But true stories of people succeeding in spite of the odds are everywhere.
– Sometimes, people succeed in no-win situations by changing the rules.
– And since I’m on a sci-fi theme, that’s what Star Trek’s James Kirk did with the Kobayashi Maru no-win training exercise when he was in Starfleet Academy.
– He cheated by hacking the computer.
– If you’re still following the “rules” of dental advertising, stop.
– It’s a no-win situation for you.
– You can’t out-advertise someone with deeper pockets.
– And you can’t grow your practice with price-shoppers and one-and-dones.
– Change the rules by doing something that your competition, particularly corporate dentistry, isn’t expecting.
– Make the switch from advertising like everyone else to attracting the patients you want.
– That’s what we do for our dentists at SmartBox with our industry-leading Patient Attraction System™.
– We take them out of the “commodity dentists” category and give quality new patients reasons to choose them.
– Dr. Raleigh Pioch in Salem, Oregon, knows this.
– “If you don’t know what the leaders in patient attraction are doing, you really don’t know what you’re missing.”
– If you are interested in finding out how Dr. Pioch went from $800K in collections to $3.4 million in only 6 years facing one of the most competitive markets in the country, get a free download of our case study at www.piochcasestudy.com.
– Never give up, never surrender, and change the rules.
– Tune in to our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.