Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 827
If you haven’t seen the movie “Galaxy Quest,” you’ve missed a great sci-fi comedy. But there’s a takeaway from that movie that all small business owners, including dentists, should pay attention to. I’ll be back after the break to tell you more. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– The movie “Galaxy Quest” stars Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, and Alan Rickman of Harry Potter fame.
– It’s a blast, and I recommend it.
– What I recommend more is the phrase that occurs time and again during the movie.
– “Never give up. Never surrender.”
– There’s a lot of wisdom there.
– I’m a small business owner and I know that the challenges you face can seem overwhelming at times.
– This is particularly true if your supply of new dental patients is drying up.
– Those are the lifeblood of your practice.
– I know it’s easy to get discouraged, particularly when you face more competition than ever before and corporate dentistry that wants to put you out of business.
– But true stories of people succeeding in spite of the odds are everywhere.
– Sometimes, people succeed in no-win situations by changing the rules.
– And since I’m on a sci-fi theme, that’s what Star Trek’s James Kirk did with the Kobayashi Maru no-win training exercise when he was in Starfleet Academy.
– He cheated by hacking the computer.
– If you’re still following the “rules” of dental advertising, stop.
– It’s a no-win situation for you.
– You can’t out-advertise someone with deeper pockets.
– And you can’t grow your practice with price-shoppers and one-and-dones.
– Change the rules by doing something that your competition, particularly corporate dentistry, isn’t expecting.
– Make the switch from advertising like everyone else to attracting the patients you want.
– That’s what we do for our dentists at SmartBox with our industry-leading Patient Attraction System™.
– We take them out of the “commodity dentists” category and give quality new patients reasons to choose them.
– Dr. Raleigh Pioch in Salem, Oregon, knows this.
– “If you don’t know what the leaders in patient attraction are doing, you really don’t know what you’re missing.”
– If you are interested in finding out how Dr. Pioch went from $800K in collections to $3.4 million in only 6 years facing one of the most competitive markets in the country, get a free download of our case study at www.piochcasestudy.com.
– Never give up, never surrender, and change the rules.
– Tune in to our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.