Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 928
It turns out that 2015 was a pivotal year for dentistry in the United States, and hardly anyone noticed. After the break, I’ll tell why it doesn’t just feel like your competitors are getting younger – they are. Stay tuned.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction PodcastTM.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– It’s no secret that the Great Recession forced a number of dentists to delay their retirements.
– That’s led several people to predict that U.S. dentistry is about to “fall off a cliff” when all those boomer dentists do finally retire and decrease the availability of services.
– But a report issued in June of this year says that just isn’t so.
– In fact, the workforce of dentists is beginning to get younger, and 2015 appears to have been that tipping point.
– Dental school enrollments have been increasing, and several new dental schools have opened or will open soon.
– Higher graduation rates from dental schools will reduce the average age of practicing dentists in the coming years.
– Now, this won’t be a huge change – in fact, the projections show that by 2030, the average age of dentists will decrease by a whopping 6 months.
– What is significant is that this represents the reversal of a trend that has been going on for at least 15 years.
– If you’re approaching retirement yourself, this may not concern you much.
– But if you’re just starting out, or if you have at least 20 years to retirement, be aware that your competition will increasingly be younger and exposed to the latest theories.
– Dr. Raleigh Pioch in Salem, Oregon, knew that his competition was growing, and he contacted SmartBox.
– “The level of competition we have is astronomical. The odds are against us so I just need you to put everything in my favor.
– “I wanted to cover it all, I wanted to cover all my bases and so that’s why I picked the Elite package.
– “I didn’t want to leave anything on the table, I wanted to go for it and I had faith from what I’d seen from the other websites, I was confident that I was doing the right thing and was excited about doing it.“
– To make sure that you get the patients you want in the face of growing competition, you have to begin now.
– And I have a suggestion: Go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint and schedule a Patient Attraction System Blueprint™ Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. You can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.