Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 239
Hello everyone, Colin Receveur here on this Monday, Oct. 20, and today I’m going to tell you how your address may be preventing you from getting your message out to potential patients. Stay tuned.
– I read an interesting blog recently by a non-dentistry marketer that could have a serious influence on any of you who are doing email marketing, or drip marketing as we call it here at SmartBox Web Marketing, with the company Aweber.
– As I have mentioned before on this podcast, SmartBox is a certified partner with Infusionsoft, which allows you to do email marketing and a whole lot more.
– Aweber is kind of an entry-level email marketing platform that is fairly popular because it is cheap and limited.
– Another content marketing blogger called comparing Infusionsoft to Aweber “like comparing a Porsche to a tricycle.”
– Infusionsoft is just much more robust.
– Anyway, back to the original blog.
– This blogger said one of her clients wasn’t receiving some information she signed up for.
– When a staffer for this blogger called to find out why, Aweber Support told her that email addresses that begin with info@, contact@, support@ and other “generic” prefixes will no longer be accepted.
– The Aweber support person went on to say that Aweber not only won’t accept those email addresses coming in, but it won’t send information to those email addresses either.
– So, if you are using an email address like email@example.com, you won’t get what you sign up for if the organization proving the information is using Aweber.
– It also means that if Aweber is your marketing automation provider, your message will not GO OUT to anyone who signs up for it with such an address.
– Finally, the Aweber support person told the bloggers staffer to expect more companies to move in this direction.
– We have received no word from Infusionsoft that it plans to follow this example, and would vigorously oppose any decision to do so.
– The good thing is, this likely doesn’t apply to many of you.
– But if you ARE using such an email address, you might consider going to more of a name-based email address.
– That could be through your own website, so that you have firstname.lastname@example.org, or even a free email address such as email@example.com.
– From our end, we are not recommending clients make this move just yet.
– Come back tomorrow and I’ll tell you how doing email marketing incorrectly in Canada can get you fined or even jailed.
– Until then, keep moving forward.