Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1040
If you’ve been in practice more than a few years, you know that your dental website needs to be updated and the content refreshed. But did you know that the very design of your website could be working against you? Stay tuned. I’ll be back after the break to tell you how today’s dental website must be different.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– The internet is evolving at light speed, and yesterday’s must-do’s are today’s “don’t do’s.”
– Not only is the internet evolving, but so is internet search, led by Google.
– Most dentists know they should update the content and functionality of their websites, but few think about the overall structure of the site.
– Google’s bots are looking at more than the words on a page, although the content remains a primary consideration.
– They’re crawling all of your site, including the sitemap and internal links.
– They’re looking at how interconnected your content is and how responsive it is to searchers’ queries.
– They’re looking at whether your site, taken as a whole, delivers a superior experience for your reader.
– You can try to keep patching your old website to conform to Google’s rules so that you get found on local search.
– Or you can start over with a website designed to seamlessly incorporate everything Google wants.
– Getting your original website up and running was probably quite an undertaking, or maybe an ordeal.
– Getting your new, purpose-built website fully operational can be pretty painless.
– SmartBox creates state-of-the-art dental websites that produce outstanding results.
– And SmartBox will maintain your website and provide the fresh, expert, relevant content that Google loves.
– Dr. Randy Schmidt in the Chicago area loves his new website.
– Here’s what he said. “Our staff has been very impressed with all you and your team have done …
– “… and our patients now go to our website much more often, about two to three times as often as they used to …
– “… which has been incredible for our retention and internal referrals.”
– If you’d like me to evaluate your website and tell you how it can be improved, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Resources tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos, and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.