Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 788
Being a dental expert isn’t enough to attract more patients. You have to be the trusted dental expert. Writing your own patient pamphlets, white papers, and social media posts can help prospective patients see you as both expert and trustworthy. I’ll be right back after the break to tell you how to write patient materials that work. Stay tuned.
– Welcome to the podcast.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– At SmartBox Web Marketing, we work with over 450 dentists on three continents.
– We help dentists get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– Since we work with so many dentists, we know the mistakes they make in their marketing.
– One of the biggest ones is that they write about themselves and their practices.
– They write TO and FOR other dentists.
– What they DON’T do is write about their patients’ dental problems and the solutions they can offer.
– Dentists are presumed to be competent.
– Patients want to know that the dentist is trustworthy, that he or she cares, and that they can find solutions to their problems.
– That’s how you build trust and become a dental expert in patients’ eyes.
– So if you’re writing patient materials, and you should be, you have to keep their needs firmly in mind.
– You have to make the mental shift to write about their concerns, and the solutions for those concerns, in their language.
– Forget dental jargon. It’s teeth grinding, not bruxism. Bite, not occlusion.
– Explain the problem simply and clearly.
– Explain the solution in easy-to-understand terms and steps.
– Think about explaining things to a seventh grader.
– Focus on the benefits to the patient: Eat without pain, smile confidently, sleep better.
– There’s an old saying that if you truly understand something, you should be able to explain it simply.
– Do that, and you build trust while positioning yourself as the helpful expert.
– Focus your patient materials on the patient, the patient’s problem, and the benefits of the solution to that problem.
– Give prospective dental patients a reason to trust and choose you.
– SmartBox Web Marketing works exclusively with select dental practices.
– We’ve helped hundreds of dentists get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– We can do the same for you.
– Be sure to watch our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.