Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 986
The internet is a rapidly evolving landscape, and Google is one of the main drivers of that evolution. AMP, or Accelerated Mobile Pages, is Google’s latest wrinkle in getting your dental website in front of mobile device users. After the break, I’ll tell you how AMP works and what it means for your marketing.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Thanks for tuning in to the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– You’re probably aware that searches from mobile devices overtook searches from desktop devices in 2015.
– You may also know that Google began penalizing websites that didn’t reflect that shift in their mobile device displays.
– Dentists, like all other internet marketers, responded by making their websites mobile-responsive.
– Mobile-responsive websites are designed to load quickly and display properly across all mobile devices.
– If you haven’t made the switch to mobile-responsive yet, you’re behind the curve and dropping fast.
– Google can and will penalize your non-mobile website in search rankings.
– Just after dentists started switching to mobile-responsive sites, Google has thrown another challenge in marketers’ paths – AMP, or Accelerated Mobile Pages.
– AMP is designed to get pages to load with lightning speed by ordering the download and display of information.
– You might be wondering how AMP is better than mobile-responsive websites.
– The answer is the speed with which pages load.
– Google is all about enhancing the user’s experience, and page load time is one of the factors in that experience.
– AMP is actually good news for dentists, because with AMPed pages, your content gets in front of your prospects before they get fed up and click away.
– But AMP does require some changes to how web pages are coded.
– And it restricts what you can reasonably expect a web page to do on a mobile device.
– In our next podcast, I’ll tell you what you need to do to AMP your web pages.
– If your dental website hasn’t been touched in years, I have a suggestion.
– Let me evaluate your website and tell you how it can be improved.
– Go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Resources tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos, and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.