Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 199
Hi, Colin here and welcome to the final week of August. Today, I want to help you look right in the face of a blue collar worker and, without hesitation, say, “We can make that happen for only 20 thousand dollars” and feel GREAT about it. Stay tuned.
– For many dentists, the worst part of being a dentist is having to tell your patients how much a procedure will cost.
– In fact, many dentists have probably dumped that part off on a member of their staff.
– But today I want to tell you why you should not be embarrassed to charge a premium price for your services.
– The first thing you have to understand is that you do not provide:
-replacement teeth, or
-sleep apnea appliances
– Actually, you do PROVIDE those things, but you don’t SELL those things.
– What you sell are results.
– You are delivering:
-the ability to smile with confidence
-eat what you want
-not be judged (unfavorably) because of your smile
-and a happier, healthier life.
– So if someone balks at your price, ask them what those things are worth and how they are going to achieve them for less money.
– You provide things they will have and use every day – piece of mind and self-esteem.
– In fact, what you are giving them is worth far MORE than you are charging them.
– The second thing is not to spend your patients’ money.
– Too often we pre-judge what someone can afford.
– I’ve heard instances of where factory workers paid cash for their full mouth reconstruction.
– Don’t let your preconceived notion of someone’s financial state dictate what they can spend.
– For someone who has spent 30 years embarrassed to smile, 15 thousand dollars is a small price to pay for beautiful new teeth.
– Come back tomorrow and I’ll tell you how your success depends on how you run your practice.
– Until then, keep moving forward.