Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 275
About a month ago I did a podcast urging you not to get too hung up on your keyword rankings. I’ve recently come across a blog from another Internet marketing firm on the same topic, and when we return, we’ll see if they agree with me or if they’re wrong. Stay tuned.
– Happy Tuesday, Dec. 9, everyone.
– I am Colin Receveur.
– I’ve been telling you for a while now that keyword rankings, search engine optimization and search engine results have gotten increasingly difficult to manipulate.
– This in large part due to Google’s efforts to discourage just such manipulation.
– As a result, I have encouraged you to focus on results: are you getting more patients or not?
– So when I came across a blog on just this topic, it caught my attention.
– Here are some of the highlights from that blog:
1. Doing well for specific phrases is more important than doing well for broad phrases.
2, SEO rankings are not targets or even goals.
– Sales are goals.
– If want to look at numbers, look at:
– Traffic to your website
– Bounce rate
– Time on your site
– Social shares
– Now here is where I disagree with the blog a little bit.
– I still contend that social shares don’t mean much for dentists.
– And this blog uses “conversions” to mean downloads, lead captures, etc.
– I happen to believe that the only conversion that matters is when that website visitor sets up an appointment.
– To continue with the blog:
3. While high rankings are nice, if the keywords with high rankings don’t produce enough or the right kinds of patients, they aren’t doing you much good.
– Worry less about rank and more about being the answer to the question that the prospect is asking.
4. Focus on local SEO.
– Don’t worry about how you rank with “best cosmetic dentist.”
– Unless you draw from patients across the world, it doesn’t matter.
– But it you certainly want to have a good rank for “best cosmetic dentist” in your area.
– A geographic long-tail keyword search is going to give you better results than broad, short keyword strings.
– Overall, I have to say that this blog and I agree on how to look at SEO keyword rankings.
– If you’d like to know more about keywords, SEO, local search and much more, I want to tell you about my book, “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years.” The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.97 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com.
– Come back tomorrow and I’m going to tell you about the importance of your staff.
– Until then, keep moving forward.