Patient Attraction Episode 435
One of the core things we urge dentists is to stand out from their competition. What differentiates you? Why should patients choose you instead of a closer or cheaper dentist? And, most importantly, how are you going to show your prospects that you are different? We’ll talk about that when we return.
– Colin here, and today I want to talk about three channels you can use to get your message out.
– The message that you are the right dentist for your patients.
– The message that you can solve their problems and ease their pain.
– The message that you have the right equipment, the right training, and the right options.
– These three channels are owned media, paid media, and earned media.
– Owned media is the channel you own or produce yourself.
– This includes:
– Social media
– Website content
– and anything else you can create and distribute on your own.
– Obviously this is the channel over which you have the most control.
– This also takes a significant amount of planning, deciding what to create, for whom, when to release it, and how.
– If you were to use only one channel, this would be the one.
– Second is paid media.
– This is any channel you have to pay for.
– That could be:
– Pay per click.
– Online banner ads
– Paid social media ads
– and traditional media like newspaper, TV, radio and direct mail
– Paid media often works well in concert with owned media.
– This is far more targeted than owned media.
– Obviously, though, it comes at a price.
– Finally, there is earned media.
– This includes:
– Coverage in media outlets such as newspapers, business publications, radio and TV news.
– It also includes shares of your social media posts and links to your content.
– Earned media is very difficult to control and to get, but it has the highest credibility.
– I don’t recommend clients spend a lot of time on it, but rather let it happen naturally and take it as a bonus when it does.
– The best approach is to use all three channels in varying degrees.
– To find out more, get a free copy of my book “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years.” The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.97 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com while supplies last.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.