Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 944
The news continues to pour in that dental problems are related to a number of serious bodily illnesses. Dentists should be on the alert to new developments that relate lifestyle choices to problems in the oral cavity. I’ll tell you why “vaping” is looking like a bad idea when we come back, and why dentists should let their prospects know. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, and thank for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– The proof has been in for a long time that tobacco can cause oral cancer.
– In response, many people have switched to vaping systems or e-cigarettes as a supposedly healthier alternative.
– A number of studies indicate that the aerosol vapors from e-cigarettes and other vaping systems may promote oral cancer.
– And that the flavored “e-juices” that are so popular with teens and young adults are even worse.
– Some evidence suggests that menthol flavoring is the worst offender.
– E-cigarettes don’t have the “tars” that tobacco products contain, but it looks like they might be even worse when it comes to oral cancer.
– This is news that your vaping patients and prospects may not want to hear but definitely need to know.
– Dentists usually aren’t viewed as being proactive toward health.
– In the past, they’ve been more focused on brushing, flossing, and exams to prevent dental caries and gum disease.
– But the links between lifestyle, dental problems, and other medical problems gives you a chance to be the proactive dentist.
– Staying current on the research findings, and translating those into terms your audience understands, makes you stand out from your competition.
– And with increasing competition and decreased reimbursements, you have to stand out to attract the new patients you want and need.
– Take proactive steps to become the proactive dentist, particularly when it comes to the reported dangers of e-cigarettes, and watch your following grow.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.