Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 987
Google still rules when it comes to online search – in fact, now more than ever. That’s why Google’s move toward Accelerated Mobile Pages – AMP – is something dentists should pay much attention to. When we come back, I’ll tell you the nuts and bolts of implementing AMP on your web pages. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Google is still the 800-pound gorilla of U.S. search, and particularly mobile search.
– According to a report from August 2016, more than 94 percent of mobile searches in this country happened via Google.
– So what Google wants, Google gets, and Google wants Accelerated Mobile Pages.
– There are four main differences between a “regular” web page and an AMP page.
– First, special AMP tags are added to the HTML page coding.
– The AMP tags pre-define the locations and sizes of areas where graphic content – static ads, images, and iframes – will load.
– That allows visible static elements to load first, but any animated content will display last.
– Third, the AMP JS Library not only provides the AMP tags but also manages the page resource loading.
– And fourth, the Google AMP Cache validates pages to make sure they don’t contain errors or rely on external resources.
– Most importantly, Google AMP Cache provides a cache of valid pages to speed loading to near-instant levels.
– Clear as mud, yes?
– The takeaway for dentists is that Google is moving to AMP pages, and you need to do the same.
– That’s not to say you should implement AMP yourself on your own web pages.
– Like every other aspect of search engine optimization, AMP will likely be an evolving process.
– It’ll take time and attention to stay current, and that’s time away from doing what makes you money: seeing patients and solving their dental problems.
– SEO is an area where dentists will do well to outsource to trusted professionals.
– That’s what Dr. Jonathan Gilbart of Hagerstown, Maryland, did when he chose SmartBox Web Marketing.
– “I wanted to find a company that could do everything, as far as marketing, for me, and put it all together … without me having to spend a ton of time learning what search engine optimization was or Google AdWords.
– “I’ve been very happy with SmartBox and their ability to take all the stuff, put it together, and handle that aspect so I can focus on my patients.”
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.