Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 987
Google still rules when it comes to online search – in fact, now more than ever. That’s why Google’s move toward Accelerated Mobile Pages – AMP – is something dentists should pay much attention to. When we come back, I’ll tell you the nuts and bolts of implementing AMP on your web pages. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Google is still the 800-pound gorilla of U.S. search, and particularly mobile search.
– According to a report from August 2016, more than 94 percent of mobile searches in this country happened via Google.
– So what Google wants, Google gets, and Google wants Accelerated Mobile Pages.
– There are four main differences between a “regular” web page and an AMP page.
– First, special AMP tags are added to the HTML page coding.
– The AMP tags pre-define the locations and sizes of areas where graphic content – static ads, images, and iframes – will load.
– That allows visible static elements to load first, but any animated content will display last.
– Third, the AMP JS Library not only provides the AMP tags but also manages the page resource loading.
– And fourth, the Google AMP Cache validates pages to make sure they don’t contain errors or rely on external resources.
– Most importantly, Google AMP Cache provides a cache of valid pages to speed loading to near-instant levels.
– Clear as mud, yes?
– The takeaway for dentists is that Google is moving to AMP pages, and you need to do the same.
– That’s not to say you should implement AMP yourself on your own web pages.
– Like every other aspect of search engine optimization, AMP will likely be an evolving process.
– It’ll take time and attention to stay current, and that’s time away from doing what makes you money: seeing patients and solving their dental problems.
– SEO is an area where dentists will do well to outsource to trusted professionals.
– That’s what Dr. Jonathan Gilbart of Hagerstown, Maryland, did when he chose SmartBox Web Marketing.
– “I wanted to find a company that could do everything, as far as marketing, for me, and put it all together … without me having to spend a ton of time learning what search engine optimization was or Google AdWords.
– “I’ve been very happy with SmartBox and their ability to take all the stuff, put it together, and handle that aspect so I can focus on my patients.”
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.