Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1233
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– If you have more dental patients than time, many dentists would envy you.
– You may not be feeling all that grateful, though.
– I’ve talked with a lot of dentists recently who say that they’re not only booked, they’re overbooked.
– Those dentists are nearly running between operatories trying to keep up.
– To be sure, they’re making money.
– But they’re paying a high price in terms of stress, fatigue, and even boredom.
– And so are their staff members.
– Whether they intended to or not, they’re running volume practices.
– That means their average case values aren’t all that high.
– It’s basically dentistry as a commodity business, which is not the best way to run a practice.
– Don’t get me wrong – if being overwhelmed with patients is your idea of success, go for it.
– But how long do you think you and your people will be able to keep it up?
– And what impact does it have on staff morale and time outside the practice?
– There’s a better way to practice dentistry, and that’s to get better patients.
– If you’re hip-deep in low-value patients, you might not think better patients are out there.
– But almost every market has many dental prospects with the ability and willingness to pay more for the right dentist.
– In fact, those prospects are generally 20 to 30 percent of a given market or even more.
– So, there’s a path to working less and earning more if you’re willing to change your approach.
– Put that way, it might sound like a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised how many dentists resist the idea.
– If you are open to getting higher case value patients, you’ll need to change the way you market.
– You won’t get better prospects by advertising low price or insurance acceptance.
– Look at it this way – if someone is prepared to spend 50 or 60 grand on a car, do free oil changes really influence which one they’ll buy?
– No, those higher-end buyers are much more interested in the quality of the vehicle and how they feel while driving it.
– Your marketing has to convince those better prospects that having you as their dentist will yield the highest level of satisfaction.
– It doesn’t need to convince them that they’ll save a few bucks, because they don’t really care much about that.
– Dr. Dick Davenport of Laredo, Texas, was looking for more than low-value patients, and he found a way to get them.
– He said, “SmartBox is a total dental marketing company.
– “The companies I’d worked with in the past did nothing more than develop a website.
– “They didn’t even do that very well, but that’s all they did.
– “SmartBox looks at the whole package, and they try to figure out what you need to achieve your individual goals.
– “It’s not just a cookie-cutter service.
– “It’s personalized, and they look at your market area and try to figure out what will impact your practice the most effective way.”
– Whether you’re drowning in patients or just tired of working too hard for too little, here’s your next step.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your free, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– We’ll discuss your goals, your capabilities, and your particular market.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– I’m not going to tell you how to run your dental practice.
– But there’s more out there if you’re willing to change.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.