Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 629: Why Dentists Are Missing What Your Patients Are Trying to Tell YouA few years ago, I decided to switch primary care physicians after a negative experience. I went in with symptoms that resembled a common cold, and without listening or even really looking at me, my doctor prescribed some medicine and rushed me out of his office. It wasn’t that I distrusted his medical expertise, but I left feeling unvalued and ignored. Stay tuned to find out how you can avoid that mistake.
– My story about a doctor who barely looks at you isn’t uncommon, and it sets the stage for something that I want to talk more about: listening to your patients.
– I don’t mean just making eye contact and nodding along.
– Dentists need to listen and take note of what their patients expect in the digital age.
– The first thing is: Focus.
– This comes through providing your full attention to every patient both in and outside the office.
– How is that possible?
– Make sure you have a state-of-the-art website that is functional and interactive, and use advertisements and email marketing campaigns to personalize messages to patients and potential patients.
– Patients will come to you for answers – that’s the nature of your field.
– So be there when they come calling in multiple mediums.
– The second thing is: Communication.
– Your goal here is not just to be a good listener and to provide solutions, but you have to communicate with your patients on a broader scale.
– The use of social media and email marketing allow you to keep constant contact with your patients and prospects.
– A great-looking website can be the best introduction you need to begin nurturing a new patient or prospective patient.
– The final thing is: Engage.
– This is where you put their concerns and questions into action.
– A great marketing strategy provides a solution for their dental problems instead of simply listing the treatments you offer.
– Is someone unhappy with their smile?
– Well, provide them a detailed and personalized email about why you are best suited to fix their problems.
– It’s important for dental practices to listen to what their patients are saying both inside and outside the office.
– By constantly staying in communication with your patient base and new leads, you become the authority and the person they come to when they need it the most.
– If you’re ready to discover what my clients know that you don’t about attracting patients online, you should schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to www.patientattractionblueprint.com.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.