Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 942
Google is going splitsville … sort of. In a few months, its document index will be divided in two: one index for desktop search and one index for mobile search. I’ll be back after the break to tell you how dentists should respond. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction PodcastTM.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– And now, to really screw up the SEO picture, Google announced in October that it’s going to have separate indexes of search results.
– One index will be for desktop queries and a separate index will be for mobile queries.
– Nobody outside Google is sure how is this going to work exactly, but here’s what we think we know.
– The mobile index will be Google’s primary index, meaning it’ll be refreshed more often.
– That makes sense, because mobile search overtook desktop search in 2015 and is continuing to pull away.
– With mobile as the primary index, you may have to adjust some things to get more content onto your mobile site without ruining the user’s experience.
– In any event, you’ll have to be sure that your regularly updated content like blogs is posted to your mobile site.
– And your mobile website, which you probably just got working according to Google’s rules, may have to be adjusted again.
– This is an example of why I say that dentists shouldn’t bother doing their own search engine optimization.
– The rules are constantly changing, and it takes a lot of time and effort to stay current.
– And you don’t make one thin dime doing SEO work; you make money solving patients’ dental problems.
– So, if this latest Google wrinkle has you ready to throw your hands in the air, I have a suggestion.
– Go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint and schedule a Patient Attraction System Blueprint™ Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. You can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– We’ll do what we do so that you can do what you do best.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.