Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1055
Having empty chairs is one of the worst things that can happen to a dental practice. It’s demoralizing for everyone in the practice. Even worse, that attitude will be conveyed to the patients you do have. If your practice has a good reputation, there’s really only one reason for empty chairs: You’re not giving your prospects a reason to choose you over someone else. You need to make sure your prospects not only know your name but that they prefer you over your competitors. I’ll be back after the break to tell you how.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– If you’re one of only a few dentists in your market, your prospects almost certainly know who you are.
– But if your market has a dozen or more dentists, you’ve got to take action to stand out from the crowd.
– Otherwise, you’ll have lots of empty chairs.
– Dentists are advance-degreed professionals who are assumed to be competent.
– Your average prospect can’t tell the difference between a DDS and a DMD, and they wouldn’t care if they knew.
– So the fact that you’re a licensed dentist just levels the playing field.
– It doesn’t give your prospects a reason to choose you.
– And advertising like all your competitors won’t give them a reason, either.
– The vast majority of dentists chase new patients by offering discounts, coupons, and specials.
– Again, there’s nothing to differentiate you as a dentist from any other dentist.
– So the large majority of your prospects will choose the cheapest dentist.
– Advertising appeals to price shoppers, insurance-driven patients, and one-and-dones.
– It’s basically a race to the bottom that only the practices with the deepest pockets will win.
– These days, corporate dentistry has the deepest pockets around.
– They’ll cheerfully undercut you on price, and they’ll kill you on availability.
– So going head-to-head with corporate dentistry is a losing proposition.
– And it helps explain why you have empty chairs.
– You’re competing for the same pool of low-value dental patients, and corporate is better at it than you are.
– Can you see the handwriting on the wall?
– You’ll lose this game, so if you’re going to succeed, you’ve got to change how you play.
– It always amazes me how many dentists who are in trouble are unwilling to do things differently.
– They’re looking for the next magical marketing bullet that will make everything okay.
– There are plenty of so-called marketing firms that are more than happy to sell you their magic bullet, or at least rent it to you.
– But the magic is an illusion.
– There’s no such thing as a magic marketing bullet; there’s only something that will work for a while … if you’re lucky.
– And that will leave you searching for the next magic bullet.
– But there is a proven way to stop playing corporate’s game.
– And that’s to appeal to 20 percent of your market who would never be caught dead in a corporate practice.
– You won’t get those better patients by being the low-price dentist.
– You have to give them a reason to choose you to solve their dental problems.
– You need a system that positions you as the only logical choice to solve your better prospects’ dental problems.
– Dr. Mitchel Friedman of Lincroft, New Jersey, is the beneficiary of just such a system.
– Here’s what he said.
– “I’ve been a client of Colin Receveur since 2013.
– “I already had a prominent web presence.
– “Colin and his brilliant team were quickly able to consolidate and automate our online programs …
– “… email responses, phone tracking and recording, press releases, blog posts, and Infusionsoft® integration with ortho and implant campaign sequences.
– “Our case size was $2500 per new patient.
– “Since SmartBox, it has quickly grown to now $3100.”
– Notice that Dr. Friedman didn’t say anything about advertising like a typical dentist would.
– Our industry-leading Patient Attraction System™ is getting Dr. Friedman not only more patients but better patients as well.
– He’s not competing against corporate dentistry.
– And you don’t have to, either.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint and schedule a Patient Attraction System Blueprint™ Session.
– We reserve these sessions only for serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice.
– You can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– And your prospects will know your name, and they will call for an appointment.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.