Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Why Aren’t Your Dental Patients Making an Effort for You?
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1071
You might not believe this, but there are many dental prospects who will go the extra mile to see the dentist they want. That’s probably the opposite of your experience. Usually, it’s the practice bending over backwards to accommodate new patients. And if you can’t accommodate them, they hang up and call another dentist. It doesn’t have to be that way, and it shouldn’t be that way for you. After the break, I’ll share one dentist’s experience with getting really motivated new patients and tell you how he did it. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Let’s get right into it.
– One of our SmartBox dentists, Dr. Sean Hanson in Salem, Oregon, told me something fascinating awhile back.
– He said, “The fact that we’re getting 70 new people a month that are still willing to come and see us on a Monday through Thursday type deal,
– “which I know isn’t ideal for most people, means that we’re doing something right.
– “And you guys are doing something right because we’re driving people to our door who want to come in …
– “… and will make an adjustment to their schedule to come and see us and make it a priority.”
– That’s kind of mind-blowing, if you think about it.
– For one thing, Dr. Hanson is getting 70 new dental patients a month.
– With his four-day workweek, that means 4 new patients a day on average.
– But even more important is that those new patients think that it’s vital that his practice meets their dental needs.
– And they’re willing to be inconvenienced to make that happen.
– Those aren’t even established patients; they’re first-time callers.
– But they already value what Dr. Hanson offers over anything that his competitors offer.
– How many new patient phone calls do you get where prospects are willing to accommodate your practice?
– I’m going to guess not many.
– Dr. Hanson decided to take a different approach to attracting new dental patients.
– As you can see, it’s paying off extremely well.
– As a matter of fact, Dr. Hanson’s marketing return on investment in March was nearly 1300 percent!
– I know thousands of dentists, and I know just how many of them would love to have an ROI even close to that figure.
– How does your ROI measure up?
– Most dentists chase patients by advertising low price, discounts, and insurance acceptance.
– They’re competing with the rest of their market to be the low-cost dental provider.
– That kind of advertising is a race to the bottom that only the most well-off practices can win.
– And even if you win, you’ll be working harder for less money because you’re getting low-value cases.
– If you want what Dr. Hanson enjoys, or even better, here’s a recommendation.
– Go to www.PatientAttractionBlueprint.com.
– You can schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint™ call where we’ll show you a Patient Attraction System™ that can double or even triple your practice.
– And if you think that’s an exaggeration, just ask Dr. Hanson.
– He told us, “We had probably 20-30 [new patients], maybe 40, before SmartBox per month.
– “Last month, we almost hit 70. We were at 69. Before that, our highest total was 57.
– “Definitely, we’ve seen the influx of new patients.”
– We reserve those Blueprint calls for serious dentists, because frankly, what we offer isn’t right for everyone.
– It’s a radically different way of positioning dentists to be the best and only logical choice to solve prospects’ dental problems.
– And it requires dentists to put aside what they think they know about dental marketing – and to take their hands off the marketing steering wheel.
– Frankly, it works better that way for everyone, because dentists don’t make any money handling their own marketing.
– They make money seeing patients and solving their dental problems.
– But we do keep our dentists up-to-date on how their marketing is working.
– As you’ve seen, Dr. Hanson trusts us to get him more and better patients and devotes his time to making money.
– He’s enjoying those new patients who make an effort to be seen by his practice, and only his practice.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.