Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 232
Hey everybody, Colin Receveur here and I’m really excited to start this two-day series on looking at the attitudes of small business owners. Your attitude says a lot about the type of business you run – and what YOU define as success. Stay tuned.
– One question I ask all of our potential clients is what success means to them.
– What are they looking for in the next year or five years or 10 years.
– If you’re talking with a marketing company and they don’t ask you that, that means you are about to get a cookie-cutter, one-size-fits-some solution.
– If you’ve watched this podcast for long, you know I am a big proponent of Infusionsoft.
– Infusionsoft is a marketing-automation company that is specifically designed to help small- and medium-sized businesses.
– Recently, Infusionsoft surveyed 850 American small businesses – half of which are Infusionsoft customers and half are not.
– Instead of looking at demographic similarities to explain business behavior, Infusionsoft found four attitude-based profiles: Freedom Seekers, Passionate Creators, Struggling Survivors and Legacy Builders.
– We’ll look at the first two today and the last two tomorrow.
– Freedom Seekers are:
– Independent entrepreneurs who want to control their own destiny.
– They want to control their schedule, work environment and future.
– They DO NOT want to work for a corporation, and more than half say they never will.
– These business owners value living the life they want (freedom) over making more money.
– This is the type of business owner most likely to have no more than one employee working for them.
– If you’re this type of dentist, you want a practice that allows you to work fewer hours or fewer days a week.
– Or you want to perform only certain procedures.
– Or maybe you don’t want to have to deal with insurance companies.
– Next are Passionate Creators.
– These entrepreneurs are interested in making the world a better place, even if it just by creating more jobs.
– They want to create a great customer experience, and want as much information as possible to better serve their customers and grow their business.
– Passionate Creators also are the most optimistic of all small business owners, and the most likely to say that being an entrepreneur has improved their overall attitude, time availability and financial security.
– These are also the small business owners most likely to have five or more employees.
– If you’re this type of dentist, you likely put patients first and have a staff others might consider oversized.
– You’re also pretty happy about both of those.
– I hope this has been thought-provoking for you, and I hope you’ll come back tomorrow to hear about Struggling Survivors and Legacy Builders.
– Until then, keep moving forward.