Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 851
Social media can boost your online dental marketing if you use it properly. The question is, who tends to use which social medium? I’ll be right back to tell you how to segment your social media audience and how to market to the most important ones. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– This is the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– The best use of your social media is to establish yourself as a trusted and helpful dental expert.
– People don’t go to Facebook or Pinterest to find a dentist, but if you can establish an online relationship, they’ll remember you when they need one.
– But establishing a relationship with a senior citizen is very different than connecting with a Millennial.
– And you have to know where they are online.
– According to the Pew Research Center, in 2015 Facebook commanded 72 percent of Internet users.
– Of those, 77 percent were women.
– Women tend to make the dental care decisions for families.
– You definitely want to be on Facebook.
– Facebook tends to skew younger, with participation dropping off sharply after age 64.
– Pinterest is home to 31 percent of Internet users, and in fact, Pinterest doubled its growth from 2012 to 2015.
– Pinterest is strongly female at 85 percent, and 42 percent of women online use Pinterest.
– The next highest is Instagram, with 28 percent of online adults.
– And 59 percent of Instagram users check it daily compared to 70 percent of Facebook users and just 27 percent of Pinterest users.
– With Facebook and Pinterest, you’ve got women covered.
– Instagram is the platform of choice for Millennials.
– You should tailor your dental marketing efforts primarily to those demographics.
– Adjust your message accordingly, too, because 30-year-olds have different views and priorities than 55-year-old women.
– If you’re not getting the new dental patients you want, check out my book “Attract More Patients in the Next 6 Months Than in the Past 6 Years.” The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.97 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com while supplies last.
– Tune in to the next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.