Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 956
Your dental website should be the linchpin of your marketing. Studies show that the vast majority of your prospects will visit your website before making a decision to choose you. That is, if they can find your website. After the break, I’ll tell you how your website can betray your marketing efforts, and what you should do about it.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– In today’s highly competitive dental industry, a top-quality website is essential to your success.
– I know a lot of dentists, and I’m here to tell you that way too many dental websites are anything but quality.
– A lot of dentists have a “fire-and-forget” mentality when comes to their websites.
– They spend a fair amount of money getting a website up and then ignore it.
– Sometimes they ignore it for years, and believe me, Google will notice.
– Google favors fresh, unique, and expert content.
– If it’s been years since you updated your website content, the chances of your prospects finding you online are slim to none.
– The field of dentistry has moved on, and new information about disease conditions and dental techniques has emerged.
– You’ve probably added sub-specialties in that time, or perhaps you’ve upgraded your equipment.
– All of that fresh information needs to be on your website.
– Bad content isn’t the only pitfall for your website.
– Bad inbound and outbound links to other websites, blogs, or pages will draw a penalty.
– Spam links are the kiss of death as far as Google is concerned, and its Penguin algorithm is dedicated to sniffing them out.
– Even once-reputable sites may now have different owners who aren’t so reputable.
– Finally, the other rules for search engine optimization have changed since your old website was posted.
– The things you did to get noticed back then will now get you ignored or even banned.
– For instance, packing your web pages with keywords was a common practice until Google caught on.
– Now, Google holds that those keywords get in the way of the user experience and penalizes sites that use keyword packing.
– Dr. J. Wesley Anderson, Jr. in Virginia knows the crucial role of a dental website, and that’s why he chose SmartBox.
– “There are many companies out there, but they’re not dental specialists, if you will, in the marketing, whereas that’s what SmartBox is.
– “It’s the big picture. It’s the marketing. It’s putting all the different aspects together and making it a complete package for promoting my practice.
– “Drive the patients from the website to my practice.”
– If you’d like me to evaluate your website and tell you how it can be improved, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Resources tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review about halfway down the page. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos, and more using our 131-point dental web patient attraction checklist.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.