Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 975
If you think I’m flaunting my riches, you’re wrong. I brought in these pretty, shiny objects to make a point to dentists who are costing themselves money. And that point is that it doesn’t matter how brightly a dentist shines if he or she still looks like everybody else. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– This pile of gold and silver is worth more than 100 thousand dollars.
– There are a lot of valuable objects here.
– Each object has value because we’ve agreed that it does.
– “X” ounces of gold or silver is worth “X” amount of dollars.
– But what we’ve also agreed is that these two coins, or these two bars, have exactly the same value.
– There’s not a single reason to pick one over the other, because in our minds they’re exactly the same – a certain amount of gold or silver with identical worth.
– They’re all pretty and shiny, aren’t they?
– And they’re all commodities.
– So it makes no difference which hundred-dollar coin or thousand-dollar bar you choose.
– The public – your dental prospects – see dentists exactly the same way.
– They see dentists as competent – equally competent.
– One dentist is as good as another, in their minds, so dentists are viewed as commodities.
– If you’re in the “commodity dentist” bucket, and most dentists are, you have two choices.
– One is to sell out by devaluing yourself and your work through discounts, specials, and freebies.
– You’re telling your prospects that they can get their gold coin or silver bar for less money.
– There are several problems with that approach, including the fact that it’s hard to get out of being known as the “cheap dentist.”
– You may get lots of patients, but the average case value won’t be great.
– You and your staff will end up working longer and harder, and that takes a toll on everybody.
– Do you get into dentistry to become the “Drill and Fill” King, or Queen?
– i doubt it.
– So, if you’re not going to sell out, or you’re tired of working yourself to death, you need to change the public’s perception of your value.
– You need to position yourself as the only logical choice to solve their dental problems.
– When you do that, you’re not “just another dentist.”
– You’ve taken yourself out of the commodity category and become the preferred dentist in the minds of your prospects.
– That’s what SmartBox Web Marketing does for more than 550 dentists on three continents.
– We make them the best and only logical choice for their dental prospects.
– And they attract not only more patients, they attract better patients.
– With the higher case values, our dentists and their staff don’t have to work hard unless they choose to.
– Take Dr. Thomas J. Feder of Belleville, Illinois.
– He basically ignored marketing for 40 years, and it was looking like he wasn’t going to be able to retire.
– But he signed on a SmartBox dentist, and everything changed for him.
– “Our average case value has increased since working with SmartBox. – “People are coming in looking for dentures and implants. The practice is now overwhelming our dental lab.”
– In fact, Dr. Feder is enjoying a 2210% return on his marketing investment!
– And, he’s down to working three days a week and plans to cut back even more.
– Just like Dr. Feder, you too can enjoy more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– Good luck, and keep moving forward.