Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 975
If you think I’m flaunting my riches, you’re wrong. I brought in these pretty, shiny objects to make a point to dentists who are costing themselves money. And that point is that it doesn’t matter how brightly a dentist shines if he or she still looks like everybody else. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– This pile of gold and silver is worth more than 100 thousand dollars.
– There are a lot of valuable objects here.
– Each object has value because we’ve agreed that it does.
– “X” ounces of gold or silver is worth “X” amount of dollars.
– But what we’ve also agreed is that these two coins, or these two bars, have exactly the same value.
– There’s not a single reason to pick one over the other, because in our minds they’re exactly the same – a certain amount of gold or silver with identical worth.
– They’re all pretty and shiny, aren’t they?
– And they’re all commodities.
– So it makes no difference which hundred-dollar coin or thousand-dollar bar you choose.
– The public – your dental prospects – see dentists exactly the same way.
– They see dentists as competent – equally competent.
– One dentist is as good as another, in their minds, so dentists are viewed as commodities.
– If you’re in the “commodity dentist” bucket, and most dentists are, you have two choices.
– One is to sell out by devaluing yourself and your work through discounts, specials, and freebies.
– You’re telling your prospects that they can get their gold coin or silver bar for less money.
– There are several problems with that approach, including the fact that it’s hard to get out of being known as the “cheap dentist.”
– You may get lots of patients, but the average case value won’t be great.
– You and your staff will end up working longer and harder, and that takes a toll on everybody.
– Do you get into dentistry to become the “Drill and Fill” King, or Queen?
– i doubt it.
– So, if you’re not going to sell out, or you’re tired of working yourself to death, you need to change the public’s perception of your value.
– You need to position yourself as the only logical choice to solve their dental problems.
– When you do that, you’re not “just another dentist.”
– You’ve taken yourself out of the commodity category and become the preferred dentist in the minds of your prospects.
– That’s what SmartBox Web Marketing does for more than 550 dentists on three continents.
– We make them the best and only logical choice for their dental prospects.
– And they attract not only more patients, they attract better patients.
– With the higher case values, our dentists and their staff don’t have to work hard unless they choose to.
– Take Dr. Thomas J. Feder of Belleville, Illinois.
– He basically ignored marketing for 40 years, and it was looking like he wasn’t going to be able to retire.
– But he signed on a SmartBox dentist, and everything changed for him.
– “Our average case value has increased since working with SmartBox. – “People are coming in looking for dentures and implants. The practice is now overwhelming our dental lab.”
– In fact, Dr. Feder is enjoying a 2210% return on his marketing investment!
– And, he’s down to working three days a week and plans to cut back even more.
– Just like Dr. Feder, you too can enjoy more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– Good luck, and keep moving forward.