Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 438
Google takes a lot of factors into account when ranking search engine results. Much like my grandma’s red velvet cake, the recipe is a secret on a few people know. But what we do know is that authority is one component. When we come back, I’ll tell you how to increase your website’s authority and boost your search engine ranking. Stay tuned.
– Colin here on the final Friday of May.
– Today, I want to tell you 5 ways to boost your website’s authority, or Google’s evaluation of it as a reliable source of valid information.
– Here we go:
- Provide excellent content.
– Your content includes your:
– Words on your web pages
– Press releases
– and Ebooks
– If you provide excellent content, the next four aspects will take care of themselves.
- Employ search engine optimization.
– This includes keywords and keyword strings integrated into your written content.
– It also includes the meta data, including title, description and tags for pages.
– It also includes meta data for your graphics, photos, and videos.
- Emphasized UX, or user experience.
– This includes making sure your website is mobile-friendly.
– When a prospect searches Google from a mobile device, Google is downgrading sites that are not mobile-friendly in the search results.
– This also includes making sure your website has a fast load time.
– Shoot for less than 3 seconds.
- Pay attention to links.
– Earning links to your site and shares from your site increase your authority.
– Linking from one page of your site to another when your dental prospects would benefit also increases your authority.
– And getting rid of dirty backlinks also will increase your authority.
– Dirty backlinks include those from sites that have nothing to do with dentistry or that are part of a paid scheme to increase the number of links.
- Finally, share your content on social media.
– As you know, I do not encourage our clients to spend a bunch of time on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter.
– But there are numerous automated ways to include your blogs, press releases, eBooks, and videos through various social media channels.
– When your “friends” and “followers” click on these links and share them with others, it contributes to your authority.
– I hope you found this week’s podcasts useful.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.