Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1083
Some dentists go through 4 years of dental school and all the work involved in starting their own practices for the sole purpose of making money. In my experience, those dentists are fairly rare. If you’re like the vast majority of dentists, you got into dentistry to help people while also being paid well for what you do. With that said, it’s strange how many dentists market their practices as if money is the only thing that matters. After the break, I’ll tell you how to market what really matters and how you can earn more money by showing prospects what’s in your heart.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– I know literally thousands of dentists, and almost all of them are good people.
– They genuinely enjoy helping people by solving their dental problems and improving their lives.
– They also enjoy making a good living, providing for their families, and providing employment and benefits for their staff.
– Yes, dentistry is a business, but I’m a firm believer that business should also have a heart.
– I practice what I preach – SmartBox was honored by being named a 2017 Best Place to Work by Inc. Magazine.
– To put that in perspective, SmartBox was 1 of only 233 companies nationwide to earn that honor.
– And since the award is based solely on anonymous employee feedback, it means that the people who work for SmartBox are highly engaged in helping dentists.
– I made sure that our prospects heard the news about SmartBox.
– Because, let’s face it – who would you prefer to work with?
– A company that treats customers as numbers, or one that is invested in helping your practice grow and succeed?
– There’s a lesson here for dentists.
– Let me start by saying that I think dentists should be financially successful.
– But if your primary motivation is to help people, why would you advertise in such a way as to put the emphasis on money?
– Granted, many people struggle to afford dental care, so advertising low prices, discounts, and coupons isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
– But if that’s the main thrust of your marketing and advertising, you’re missing the most important part of dentistry.
– And that’s what lies at the heart of your dental practice.
– Again, dentists should be successful as the result of their efforts to help patients.
– But believe me, I can tell the difference between a practice that’s primarily concerned about patients and one that’s concerned mostly with making money.
– So can your prospects.
– What message do you want to send to the people you’re hoping to have as patients?
– And what message are you actually sending in your marketing?
– That’s more important now than ever, because dentists are universally viewed these days as being competent.
– That means that one dentist is pretty much as good as another.
– You have two ways to differentiate your practice from the all the other dental practices in your market.
– You can be the discount dentist, or you can show your prospects that you’re a caring, trustworthy dental expert.
– If you take the first approach, you get more price shoppers, insurance-driven patients, and one-and-dones with no loyalty to your practice.
– If you take the second approach, you get more patients with the ability and willingness to pay more for the right dentist.
– Those better patients are about 20 percent of a given market, and those are the patients who will allow you to do good while doing well.
– Positioning yourself as the best and only logical choice to solve prospects’ dental problems is a process that takes time.
– You’ll need to ensure that all your online and offline marketing, even the price offers, work together to show your practice’s heart.
– That’s the essence of SmartBox’s industry-leading Patient Attraction System™.
– We’ve proven the system’s effectiveness in our work with more than 550 dentists on 3 continents.
– We’re so confident in our process that we back our work with a $10,000 Guarantee.
– If you’re serious about doing more good work for more good people, and being well rewarded for it, visit www.PatientAttractionBlueprint.com.
– You can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– Show your prospects what’s in your practice’s heart, and they’ll choose you rather than a competitor.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.