Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1048
Everyone needs and deserves quality dental care. But have you ever thought that dentists deserve quality dental patients? I’m not talking about personalities, although having nice patients is a definite plus. But if you’re getting mostly bottom-of-the-barrel patients financially, your practice is in trouble. Stay tuned. I’ll be right back to tell you how to attract the kinds of patients who will help you grow your practice the right way.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Not all dental patients are created equal.
– That’s true whether we’re talking about their dental problems and needs or their ability to pay for treatment.
– What’s your average case value?
– The odds are very good that it’s not where you’d like it to be.
– It may not even be where you need it to be.
– That’s particularly likely to be true if you’re getting a lot of insurance-driven patients.
– The costs of providing dental care have increased, but insurance reimbursement certainly hasn’t kept up.
– And in some cases, the bottom has dropped out of reimbursement.
– You’ve probably heard about Delta Dental putting the squeeze on Massachusetts dentists.
– That’s not the first state where Delta has axed reimbursement rates, and it won’t be the last.
– And with Delta covering more than 70 million people in this country, it’s only a matter of time before your practice will be squeezed even further.
– When insurance cuts its reimbursements, more of the responsibility for payment is put on patients.
– Those patients will be looking for adequate dental care at the lowest possible cost.
– And that will axe your average case value.
– You’ll be working longer and harder for less and using less expensive materials to hold down your costs.
– Did you go to dental school to practice treadmill dentistry?
– I doubt it.
– I think you went to dental school to do good work and get paid well for doing it.
– Insurance-driven patients are not the way to accomplish that.
– But there’s a segment of the population – about 20 percent – that has the financial means to pay more for a dentist.
– Those are the patients who shop around for a dentist they like, relate to, and trust.
– And those satisfied patients stay, pay, and refer.
– How does the prospect of not having to chase after low-case-value patients sound?
– You can ask Dr. Ron Receveur of New Albany, Indiana.
– Yes, he’s my dad, and he’s also a very, very happy SmartBox dentist.
– Here’s what he said.
– “The number of visits to my website is down during the time that I’m collecting a lot more money.
– “So we’ve extrapolated that information from more visits, less money to less visits, higher quality patient, more collections.
– “It’s working.”
– When Dr. Receveur says it’s working, he’s talking about his Patient Attraction System™.
– SmartBox worked to position Dr. Receveur as the only logical choice for patients looking for dental implants in the Louisville, Kentucky, area.
– And now, prospects come from hundreds of miles away to have him do their implants.
– He’s getting better patients, so his average case value is up.
– And I approve of the fact that he doesn’t have to work so long or so hard, because he’s my dad.
– In my previous podcast, I mentioned Dr. Thomas Feder of Belleville, Illinois.
– He’s also seeing higher average case value and has been able to cut back on the number of hours he works.
– He told us, “Our average case value has increased.
– “People are coming in looking for dentures and implants.
– “The practice is now overwhelming our dental lab.”
– Insurance-driven patients won’t fund your retirement or allow you to enjoy quality of life while you’re getting there.
– For that, you need better patients.
– SmartBox’s proven, industry-leading Patient Attraction System™ is the key to getting those better patients.
– So, you’re at a decision point: Will you keep working harder, longer, for less?
– Or will you do something different to get different results?
– If you’re serious about making change to improve the quality of your new patients, here’s what you do.
– Go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint and schedule a Patient Attraction System Blueprint™ Session.
– We reserve these sessions for serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice.
– You can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– Or you can keep working 45 to 50 hours a week, and not by choice.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.