Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 588: What We Didn’t Say About Mobile Websites Last Time
Back in August, I gave you 15 Mind-Blowing Statistics for Dentist About Mobile Websites. I said we would come back and look at some of those statistics a little deeper. Some of you can go ahead and exhale: that day is today! Stay tuned.
– Hi, Colin here and welcome to the final week of October.
– Earlier this year, Google took action to penalize mobile-UNfriendly sites.
– Thankfully, my company has been designing mobile-FRIENDLY websites for years.
– And I have been telling you the same thing for the longest time in these podcasts: your dental website MUST be mobile friendly.
– Today, I want to revisit a podcast from August where I talked about the importance of having a mobile-friendly dental website and shared some of the findings of a Cisco white paper about current and future use of mobile data.
– That day I shared 15 points, but today I think we will look more in-depth at 5.
– But first, let me remind you why this matters: Earlier this year, Google announced that mobile searches now outnumber computer searches.
– More people are looking for a dentist on their smartphones than on their laptops or tablets.
– So there’s a bonus statistic that shows why you need a mobile-friendly website.
– Now, back to our original list.
- Global mobile data traffic grew 69 percent in 2014.
- Average smartphone usage grew 45 percent in 2014.
- Global mobile data traffic will increase nearly tenfold between 2014 and 2019.
– These three statistics are tied closely together, so let’s talk about them together.
– Their message is clear:
– If you think mobile search is going away, it’s not.
– Prospects are going to search for a dentist from their mobile device, they’re going to look for dentists close to them on their mobile device, and they’re going to read reviews on their mobile device.
– And more will do so next year.
– And more the following year.
– So take your head out of the sand (or wherever) and face facts: the growth of your practice depends on how accessible it is by smartphone.
– 4 and 5 are tied together as well:
- Mobile video traffic exceeded 50 percent of total mobile data traffic by the end of 2012 and grew to 55 percent by the end of 2014.
- Nearly three-fourths of the world’s mobile data traffic will be video by 2019.
– I have talked so much about how important video is to dentists that I am almost sick of talking about it.
– If you watch this podcast with any regularity and still don’t see the value of video, it’s because you don’t want to see it.
– Video is an incredibly powerful tool and more and more people are going to be watching videos via their smartphones.
– If you’d like me to evaluate your website and tell you how it can be improved, go to www.SmartBoxWebMarketing.com, go to the Learn tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review about halfway down the page. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.