Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 252
Hi, Colin here with our fourth installment of iconic sports moments. Today, we’re going to go all the way by to 1932 to learn a lesson that can help you today. Stay tuned.
– George Herman Ruth Jr., who you probably know as Babe, is still considered by many to be the greatest baseball player of all time.
– The Bambino, The Sultan of Swat.
– Obviously, this predates any of our time.
– But Ruth is so legendary, he is still a part of modern folklore.
– Today I want to tell you about Babe Ruth’s “called shot” in the 1932 World Series against the Chicago Cubs.
– In the modern era, talking about the Chicago Cubs in the World Series is almost unthinkable.
– But Ruth, down two strikes in Game 3 of the series, allegedly pointed to the outfield stands before sending the ball out.
– There’s a great video about the “called shot” that you can find on YouTube at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkEX0eb2eBo.
– This is an iconic moment that is a legend that may or not be true.
– The important thing is that people believe it is true.
– This is the same thing we want to do with our reputation management.
– Are you the best dentist in your area?
– Maybe, maybe not.
– But we want people to believe that you are.
– We want to put so many positive things out there the people believe you are the best provider of implants, best at cosmetic dentistry, most interested in preventing their pain.
– Obviously we can’t say you are the best. “Best” is relative and hard to define and prove.
– But we want so much information out there about your expertise that patients draw that conclusion themselves.
– We want you to be a “legendary” dentist.
– Come back tomorrow when we will conclude our series by looking at a modern classic.
– Until then, keep moving forward.