Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 932
Google’s Penguin algorithm, version 4.0, rolled out this fall, and dentists should take note of what the changes mean for their online marketing. I’ll be back after the break to tell you more. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Thanks for watching this episode of the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Penguin was designed to detect and penalize attempts at link spam or link farming.
– Basically, that means trying to get a better search engine page ranking by pointing bad-quality or even fake links to the web page.
– Penguin has gone through a number of revisions, with the most recent being version 4.0.
– But Penguin isn’t hanging out on its own any more.
– It looks like a number of Google’s “animal” algorithms are coming home to roost, so to speak.
– Panda was incorporated into Google’s core algorithm earlier in 2016, and now Penguin has joined in.
– That means that Penguin will be smoother and function as a part of that core algorithm for ranking web pages.
– And, like the core algorithm, Penguin will be gradually and continually updated and refreshed.
– If you have spammy links on your website, the penalty could be almost instant.
– However – and this is new – a bad link on one page won’t necessarily penalize your entire site or web domain.
– If you do get hit with a penalty, you should be able to clean up the offending page, file a reconsideration request, and have the penalty lifted quickly.
– That’s the theory, but we’ll have to see how it plays out in practice.
– This is an excellent time for dentists to proactively review their sites and make sure that their inbound links are of high quality.
– And if you don’t have the time or inclination to do that, hire someone who is both competent and trustworthy.
– Because your new dental patients won’t choose you if they can’t find you online.
– Dr. Justin Leath in Rochester, Michigan, knew that, and he contacted SmartBox.
“I actually met Colin at a seminar down in McKinney, Texas. I introduced myself to him and he had some great marketing ideas with drip marketing and having a powerhouse team to do the online presence, the SEO with Google, and doing online drip marketing. Incredibly easy, working with SmartBox.”
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.