Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 863
Facebook’s not what it used to be, and the changes can be hard to swallow. A July article in Cision ran down the changes and ventured an opinion as to how Facebook is positioning the changes to its algorithm. I’ll be back after the break to tell you how Facebook’s algorithm change is likely to affect dentists.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– After a number of years becoming the world’s most popular social media platform, Facebook has decided to cash in.
– Facebook says the changes provide a better user experience.
– The reality is that businesses are being pushed to advertise to reach their audiences.
– And that includes dental practices.
– Facebook’s method for encouraging paid ads is to decrease organic reach even further.
– Organic reach had already dropped to 1-3 percent, and now it’s headed to zero, if it’s not there already.
– That’s bad news for dentists, because dentistry is local, if not hyper-local.
– The vast majority of your dental prospects likely live within 10 miles of your practice.
– Before the change, your Facebook posts would reach some of them.
– Now, unless your followers share your posts, the odds are negligible that you’ll reach any of them organically.
– That leaves you in the position of encouraging shares by your followers, buying Facebook ads, or both.
– If you can produce a post that will generate a lot of discussion and sharing, that will help.
– Alternatively, if you can segment your dental prospects, you can do targeted ads.
– But don’t expect organic reach to bring you many new patients.
– Whichever path you choose, remember that your social media efforts should be focused on one goal.
– That’s to influence your prospects to visit your website and make an appointment, either through the website or over the phone.
– Your social media marketing should be one part of a carefully considered and integrated system.
– If you’d like to learn more about attracting the patients you want, visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.