Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 860
No one talks about snake oil salesmen any more, but they’re still out there. They’re just selling different products. You were probably promised certain things from your dental marketing firm, but are you getting what you truly need? I’ll be back after the break to tell you why dentists shouldn’t drink the snake oil, even if it is genuine. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– This is the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Waaay back in the day, people sold all kinds of “patent medicines” that might or might not have contained what the labels said they did.
– And those “snake oil salesmen” claimed remarkable and wonderful benefits from those frequently phony “medicines.”
– Let’s give those long-ago sellers some credit and assume that at least a few bottles contained what they were supposed to and gave at least some benefit.
– Some of yesterday’s snake oil salesmen have morphed into today’s Internet “goo-roos,” and I spell that g-o-o-r-o-o-s.
– They talk a great game and maybe they can even deliver what they promise.
– And that’s where too many dentists go wrong when they choose a dental marketing company.
– Because what those marketers are selling isn’t what you need.
– That’s a strong claim, and it’ll surely make some people angry.
– But it bothers me when I see dentists spending their hard-earned marketing dollars on promises that WON’T GET THEM WHAT THEY NEED!
– Here’s what I mean.
– Maybe your dental marketing company promised you tons of clicks and hits.
– Maybe you’re getting what they promised – is that what you NEED?
– Or maybe you were promised and got a pretty website – is THAT what you need?
– Were you promised GREAT ideas, and did you get them?
– Are THOSE what you need?
– Were you promised top search engine ranking?
– Even if you got it, is that what you need?
– The answer to ALL of those questions is no.
– YOU need more patients in chairs, and everything else is just a means to that end.
– More appointed patients is THE end goal of ALL your marketing.
– Clicks and hits aren’t new patients, and neither is a top search ranking.
– A pretty website doesn’t automatically translate into new patients.
– To get more and better new patients, you need a patient attraction system in which every single part works together seamlessly to accomplish that one goal.
– You need evidence-based marketing that proves that the system works.
– If you’re getting everything you were promised except more new patients, contact SmartBox Web Marketing.
– We work with more than 550 dentists on three continents to get them more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– And we can prove that what we do works.
– If you’d like me to evaluate your website and tell you how it can be improved, go to
smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Resources tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos, and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– Join me for tomorrow’s podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.