Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 791
Websites with video are 53 times more likely to be found than websites without video. But that doesn’t happen by accident; smart dentists use good search engine optimization techniques to get maximum search bang for their video buck. I’ll be back after the break to tell you how to maximize your videos’ SEO effectiveness.
– Thanks for tuning in to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– At SmartBox Web Marketing, we produce outstanding dental videos for our dentists.
– Just as important, our team of search engine optimization experts uses the latest SEO techniques to make sure those videos rank high on search.
– Here are some tips to help your videos perform to their maximum capability.
– These days, Google is all about quality.
– When it comes to video, that doesn’t mean production values, although those are important.
– Your videos have to address problems, provide information, and furnish solutions.
– They have to be valuable to the person watching.
– That’s priority number one: Be useful and valuable.
– Second, while YouTube and Vimeo can be useful, you’ll do best to also host your videos on your own website.
– Make sure you have a video sitemap so the web crawlers can index your video content.
– And provide a transcript for each video.
– Third, make good use of the metadata for each video.
– The meta-title and meta-description must contain at least one relevant search term.
– If you don’t fill out the metadata, Google will do it for you, and probably not very well.
– Add the relevant categories and tags.
– Fourth, let other sites host your videos.
– Those have to be reputable sites that are in some way relevant to your business.
– That relevance could be professional or geographic, like your local chamber of commerce.
– That will provide high-quality backlinks to your site, and Google loves that.
– Apply these basics to help your videos boost your search engine results page ranking.
– But writing, shooting, and editing video, and the needed SEO work, may not be the best use of your time.
– Dr. Randy Schmidt, a SmartBox orthodontist in the Chicago area, decided to let SmartBox handle everything. Here’s his reaction.
– “Last month my partner and I went down to Louisville where we did our green screen videos for our webpage and had a wonderful experience.
– “All the prep work and time that has gone in for us to do our office work, as well as our doctor prep work, has been done by Colin and his team, and we couldn’t be happier.”
– Don’t miss our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.