Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 864
One area where dentists don’t excel is making sure that their blog posts will show up in organic search. That’s a big miss in terms of attracting new patients. After the break, I’ll be back to tell you how to optimize your blog to make sure your dental prospects can find you.
– Colin Receveur here, and thanks for tuning in to the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Social media marketing can be a very useful part of your overall marketing strategy when it’s done right.
– Dentists who have blogs but don’t optimize the blogs for Google search are missing the mark.
– Here are 3 tips to help your dental blog show up in searches.
– Number 1: Focus on naturally including 1 or 2 long-tail keywords per post.
– Long-tail keywords better reflect what people are searching for.
– For instance, “dentist” is a short-tail keyword, but “orthodontic dentist in Boston” is long-tail.
– Make a list of long-tail keywords that apply to your practice and your location, and then run Google searches on each.
– At the bottom of the page, you’ll see other search suggestions.
– The results of each long-tail keyword, and the search suggestions, can help you narrow down a list of terms to include.
– Number 2: Use Google AdWords Keyword Planner to dial in your keyword list.
– Then, be sure to include 1 or 2 of those long-tail keywords in each post.
– Don’t try to force keywords or put in too many.
– That can get you penalized.
– Number 3: Make sure your title and meta-description contain your keywords.
– Those are what the searcher actually sees in the results page before clicking on a listing.
– Both the title and the meta-description have character limits that ensure everything is visible.
– Going beyond those limits means your listing may not display properly.
– If you’re using WordPress, the character count for each is displayed in the All in One SEO Pack.
– You can also use an online snippet optimization tool.
– There’s a lot more that goes into optimizing your blog for search, but using these three tips should make a difference.
– More of your dental prospects will find you, and that can convert into more patients in chairs.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.