Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 735
The lure of getting “free stuff” is a tried and true marketing tactic – for a reason. Dentists can attract more new patients and increase conversions by using advertising lures. Stay tuned; I’ll be right back to tell you how and what to use to increase your patient base.
– Who doesn’t like getting truly free stuff?
– Particularly if the stuff helps address someone’s problems.
– I’m Colin Receveur, and welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– Giveaways can be very effective and completely legal if you do them right.
– Doing them right means providing something of value absolutely free.
– That isn’t the same thing as something of cash value, although it can be.
– For instance, an online coupon for a discount on hygiene appointments.
– Or a contest for electronic devices.
– These are available to everyone, which is something to keep in mind.
– State laws vary regarding discounts and promotions for health care providers.
– So be sure to check any restrictions in your state.
– But a dental marketing lure can also be a free paper that you wrote.
– For instance, a downloadable, nontechnical explanation of All-on-4 dental implants.
– That’s of value to people interested in implants.
– All they have to “pay” is their contact information.
– That’s usually their name and email address.
– Getting their contact info is valuable to you because it allows you to market directly to prospective patients.
– By some reports, 80 percent of sales are made somewhere between the 5th and 12th contact.
– So you have to stay in front of prospective patients to close the sale.
– You can offer them more “free stuff.”
– We recommend an e-book.
– That’s one of the services we offer at SmartBox Web Marketing: expert ghostwriting.
– You decide what the book needs to say, we’ll make it a great read, and it goes out with your name on it.
– These “value” giveaways help establish you as an expert in patients’ minds.
– And that’s good for growing your business.
– Join me for tomorrow’s podcast on what NOT to do with smile galleries.
– Until then, keep moving forward.