Patient Attraction Episode 334
Welcome to the Saturday edition of the Patient Attraction Podcast. For the next two days, I’m going to give you some online time-management tools that should help get organized and give you more time to focus on your business – or yourself. Stay tuned.
– Colin here, and today and tomorrow I want to give you some online tools that can help you use your time more efficiently.
– Some of these are very common and you may already be using them.
– One instance of that is POP3 or IMAP protocol.
– These aren’t actually programs themselves.
– But they are ways you can get all of you email addresses to come into the same inbox.
– Whether you use Gmail, like I do, Outlook, Yahoo, whatever, in the advanced settings, you can set up the POP3 or IMAP to bring ALL of you email addresses into that one box.
– No more having to open Outlook to see your professional email and Mail.com to see your personal email.
– Google also has an App called Inbox.
– It consolidates everything you get through Gmail into one place, and lets you see things like updates, flight status, and pictures without opening the email.
– It also shows you your to-do list, and allows you to snooze messages and reminders.
– You do need an invitation to get Inbox, but it’s easy to request one.
– For more information, go to https://inbox.google.com.
– There are some other apps out there that are also pretty cool.
– For instance, trigger-action tools connect different apps.,
– So if use one app, it triggers another app to do something.
– A neat one is Zappier.
– A really cool feature of it is that you can drop a file in Google drive and trigger an email to let someone know it is there.
– There are lots of other triggers and apps that work together, so check that one out.
– I’m going to give you one more type of online tool today and that is cloud storage.
– There are two that I use pretty extensively.
– One is Dropbox.
– It allows you to move documents into an online folder.
– Anyone you give the link to can then access the documents.
– Google drive works much the same way.
– The good thing about working with Google drive is that, if you use Google docs, you can collaborate on documents, see revision history and so on.
– OK, I think that is enough for today.
– Come back tomorrow and I’ll give you some more time-saving applications and programs.
– Until then, keep moving forward.