Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 334
Welcome to the Saturday edition of the Patient Attraction Podcast. For the next two days, I’m going to give you some online time-management tools that should help get organized and give you more time to focus on your business – or yourself. Stay tuned.
– Colin here, and today and tomorrow I want to give you some online tools that can help you use your time more efficiently.
– Some of these are very common and you may already be using them.
– One instance of that is POP3 or IMAP protocol.
– These aren’t actually programs themselves.
– But they are ways you can get all of you email addresses to come into the same inbox.
– Whether you use Gmail, like I do, Outlook, Yahoo, whatever, in the advanced settings, you can set up the POP3 or IMAP to bring ALL of you email addresses into that one box.
– No more having to open Outlook to see your professional email and Mail.com to see your personal email.
– Google also has an App called Inbox.
– It consolidates everything you get through Gmail into one place, and lets you see things like updates, flight status, and pictures without opening the email.
– It also shows you your to-do list, and allows you to snooze messages and reminders.
– You do need an invitation to get Inbox, but it’s easy to request one.
– For more information, go to https://inbox.google.com.
– There are some other apps out there that are also pretty cool.
– For instance, trigger-action tools connect different apps.,
– So if use one app, it triggers another app to do something.
– A neat one is Zappier.
– A really cool feature of it is that you can drop a file in Google drive and trigger an email to let someone know it is there.
– There are lots of other triggers and apps that work together, so check that one out.
– I’m going to give you one more type of online tool today and that is cloud storage.
– There are two that I use pretty extensively.
– One is Dropbox.
– It allows you to move documents into an online folder.
– Anyone you give the link to can then access the documents.
– Google drive works much the same way.
– The good thing about working with Google drive is that, if you use Google docs, you can collaborate on documents, see revision history and so on.
– OK, I think that is enough for today.
– Come back tomorrow and I’ll give you some more time-saving applications and programs.
– Until then, keep moving forward.