Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1164
I think most people would rather be busy at their jobs than bored. Unfortunately, both of those things can happen at the same time. Dentists aren’t immune to being overworked and bored. Advertising on price and insurance acceptance brings a stream of low case value patients – routine cleanings, exams, fillings, and the occasional crown. Dentistry should be more than a daily grind, and after the break I’ll tell you how to see fewer patients while you make more money. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– If you have more dental patients than time, many dentists would envy you.
– You may not be feeling all that grateful, though.
– I’ve talked with a lot of dentists recently who say that they’re not only booked, they’re overbooked.
– Those dentists are nearly running between operatories trying to keep up.
– To be sure, they’re making money.
– But they’re paying a high price in terms of stress, fatigue, and even boredom.
– And so are their staff members.
– Whether they intended to or not, they’re running volume practices.
– That means their average case values aren’t all that high.
– It’s basically dentistry as a commodity business, which is not the best way to run a practice.
– Don’t get me wrong – if being overwhelmed with patients is your idea of success, go for it.
– But how long do you think you and your people will be able to keep it up?
– And what impact does it have on staff morale and time outside the practice?
– There’s a better way to practice dentistry, and that’s to get better patients.
– If you’re hip-deep in low-value patients, you might not think better patients are out there.
– But almost every market has many dental prospects with the ability and willingness to pay more for the right dentist.
– In fact, those prospects are generally 20 to 30 percent of a given market or even more.
– So, there’s a path to working less and earning more if you’re willing to change your approach.
– Put that way, it might sound like a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised how many dentists resist the idea.
– If you are open to getting higher case value patients, you’ll need to change the way you market.
– You won’t get better prospects by advertising low price or insurance acceptance.
– Look at it this way – if someone is prepared to spend 50 or 60 grand on a car, do free oil changes really influence which one they’ll buy?
– No, those higher-end buyers are much more interested in the quality of the vehicle and how they feel while driving it.
– Your marketing has to convince those better prospects that having you as their dentist will yield the highest level of satisfaction.
– It doesn’t need to convince them that they’ll save a few bucks, because they don’t really care much about that.
– Dr. Dick Davenport of Laredo, Texas, was looking for more than low-value patients, and he found a way to get them.
– He said, “SmartBox is a total dental marketing company.
– “The companies I’d worked with in the past did nothing more than develop a website.
– “They didn’t even do that very well, but that’s all they did.
– “SmartBox looks at the whole package, and they try to figure out what you need to achieve your individual goals.
– “It’s not just a cookie-cutter service.
– “It’s personalized, and they look at your market area and try to figure out what will impact your practice the most effective way.”
– Whether you’re drowning in patients or just tired of working too hard for too little, here’s your next step.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your free, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– We’ll discuss your goals, your capabilities, and your particular market.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– I’m not going to tell you how to run your dental practice.
– But there’s more out there if you’re willing to change.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.