Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 194
Hey everyone, it’s Monday, Aug. 18 and today I’m going to embarrass a member of my staff in hopes it motivates you enough to improve your website. Stay tuned.
– Hi. Colin Receveur here, and I’ve spent several podcasts over the last couple of years talking aboutsearch engine optimization, or SEO.
– One of the important things I have told you is that your website MUST have unique copy to get maximum SEO value.
– So a few weeks ago, one of our copywriters came to me very embarrassed.
– He had gotten some info about a client’s practice from the client’s old website.
– When he wrote the report for the client, the client told him he didn’t do half of the procedures mentioned in the report – despite his former website saying he did!
– To add insult to injury, our writer found the text on the old website to be the exact same as text on a different client’s old website.
– And the clients were halfway across the country from each other!
– These two clients had bought a package from a website design company, and they got a cookie-cutter template website.
– The websites LOOKED different but the content wasall the same.
– You know what having duplicate copy got them for search engine optimization? Bupkis!
– That probably explains why they ended up having to call me because they weren’t getting any new patients from their website.
– You see, having duplicate copy is a big no-no in the world of SEO.
– Not only does it not BOOST your SEO, but Google can even PENALIZE you for having duplicate copy.
– So remember that what may seem like a good discount deal on the front end is just really a waste of money in the long run.
– At SmartBox, all of our web page copy is unique to each client.
– Obviously many of our clients do the same procedures, and it would be very easy to use a template on dental implants, sedation or Invisalign.
– But that wouldn’t get our clients to the top of any search pages, and it wouldn’t get them paying, staying and referring patients.
– Before the end of this week, you should copy some of the text from your website and paste it into a Google search and see how many other dentists are using that exact wording.
– When some of you see the number of dentists using that same copy, you should be outraged.
– If you’re ready to discover what my clients found out once they dropped their cookie-cutter website and got the best patient attraction system in the industry, you should schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint Session with me. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– Until then, keep moving forward.