Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 725
A lot of Internet content is event- or news-driven. That kind of content, as useful as it is, generally has a short life. After the break, I’ll tell how a different kind of content – evergreen – can help put more “green” in your pocket. Stay tuned.
– Something that is evergreen is enduringly fresh.
– Online content that remains engaging and relevant for a long time is evergreen.
– Hi, I’m Colin Receveur, and welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– Most online content has a short shelf life.
– It’s viewed once or maybe twice, and then forgotten.
– That kind of content doesn’t get shared on social media.
– It doesn’t work for months or even years to generate leads.
– Evergreen content may be more difficult to produce, but it’s worth the effort.
– Evergreen content can place consistently high over time in search rankings.
– Evergreen content gets shared and generates leads and traffic.
– So, how do you create evergreen content?
– First, identify something important that is more than a time-limited event.
– For instance, dental implants have been in use for about 40 years.
– They’ve been enormously successful and still remain a topic of interest.
– Second, your content has to address a need, one that will remain a need over time.
– Third, write a quality piece.
– Evergreen content is a compelling read.
– That means the writing and the layout contribute to the impact rather than work against it.
– Fourth, the headline absolutely has to grab the reader’s attention.
– Fifth, it’s SEO-friendly.
– That may mean updating the content’s SEO as things evolve.
– And sixth, it engages readers, leading them to spend a long time on the page.
– That’s one of Google’s metrics, and one you want.
– Creating evergreen content may sound like a tall order, but don’t worry.
– This is one of those things that’s difficult to force.
– If you stay informed, stay interested, and keep an open mind about what’s happening in dentistry, you may have an “aha!” moment.
– Some of the best evergreen content is produced that way.
– And your evergreen content will work to help you attract more and better patients.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.