Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 727
A recent online prediction is that visual content will increase in search importance in 2016. Whether infographics, images, or videos, your online dental marketing may need to incorporate some visual elements for maximum SEO impact. I’ll be back to tell you why and how after the break.
– Search is going mobile, and dentists need to adapt.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Search using mobile devices has surpassed desktop searches and is growing fast.
– Mobile devices range from relatively small to really small.
– Less size means a smaller viewing area.
– And a smaller viewing area means that reading is more difficult.
– AND, it should also feature engaging, easy-to-decipher graphics, images, or video.
– That’s why the prediction that visual content will become more important makes sense.
– With that in mind, here are some dos and don’ts for featuring visual content.
– First, make sure you own the image, infographic, or video.
– OR get written permission to use the visual.
– If not, you’re risking a cease-and-desist, or maybe even a lawsuit.
– No, it’s not likely, but why take the chance?
– Take your own pictures.
– Hire the neighbor’s kid to whip up some sharp infographics.
– Make and feature your own videos.
– OR, retain an expert dental marketing firm like SmartBox to do all three, and much more, for you.
– Second, make sure the visual is appropriate to the content subject matter.
– A “beauty shot” of a tropical island isn’t right for a discussion of periodontal disease.
– Third, use Alt text with your visuals.
– That’s text describing the content of the visual you’re featuring.
– That helps the crawlers, and makes sure there’s a text description if the image fails to load.
– As mobile search continues to grow, the best SEO practices will evolve.
– Dentists will have to continue to adapt.
– I’ll keep you posted as new developments emerge.
– To learn more about mobile search, do yourself a favor and check out my book “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years.” The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.97 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com while supplies last.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.