Patient Attraction Episode 326
Hello again, I’m Colin Receveur. Today we are wrapping up our series on the power of video, which is just one small section in my book, “Attract More Patients in the Next 6 Months Than in the Past 6 Years.” Today I’ll be giving you my ultimate list of dental video topics. We’ll begin in just a moment.
– Today, I want you to think creatively with me about video topics that you could be using.
– The list is endless, but I have a few of my favorites to get the ball rolling for you.
– Let’s begin by discussing procedural videos.
– When a patient wants to know about a procedure, they will search online.
– They will have a choice: Read a lengthy article about the procedure, or watch a video of a doctor explaining the procedure in easy-to-understand language.
– Which do you think the patient would prefer?
– Which would drive the patient to take next steps?
– Whether you do cosmetic, family, implant, or orthodontic dentistry, there are patients out there right now trying to learn more about what you do.
– Make it easy for them by providing informative videos that are easy to watch and understand.
– A word of caution: Patients generally don’t want to see the actual procedure.
– Stick with a verbal explanation, and save the nitty-gritty for your in-office discussion.
– Many dentists want to stop there, but video can do so much more!
– For example, if you aren’t embedding videos in your blogs, you are missing a great opportunity to increase your Google rankings!
– Don’t be afraid to let your videos do the talking, and use your blog writing to be more personal.
– What about creating a video FAQ?
– You could accept questions from your patients and take some time every week or month to answer those questions through a video.
– Your patients will love the personal touch, and the information will be easy to share across all social networking avenues.
– Another great use of video is in the waiting room.
– What are your patients watching while they wait for an appointment?
– Take that time to share information about yourself and your office.
– Create a series of your favorite videos and set it up on a loop.
– Not only will this give your patients something of interest to watch, but it might encourage patients to ask about a procedure they had never considered before!
– While you are running video on a television, why not consider investing in local television spots?
– Running your high-quality video as a commercial will reach more patients than you could have before.
– Where is the risk in that?
– Finally, have you considered what is on your computer screens around the office?
– A great collection of pictures of smiling patients or before-and-after photos can add a personal touch to every screen in your office.
– I said it earlier, and I will say it again, video is everywhere.
– If you aren’t taking advantage of this content area, it is time to begin.
– Not sure where to start?
– Then it’s time to order a free download of my new book.
– I have barely touched the surface of using video to your advantage, but you can learn a lot more from my book, “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years.”
– The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.97 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.