Patient Attraction Episode 374
Welcome to the final day of our look at Google+. I’ll finish up with three more ways dentists can maximize Google+’s effectiveness when we return.
– So we’ve covered ways to recycle content, maximize the reach of your website and customize your Google+ URL.
– Here are three more ways you can use Google+ to help you attract more and better patients:
- Use lots of visual aids.
– Google+ lets you incorporate photos, videos and GIFs, which are kind of both.
– A picture is worth a thousand words, and a minute of video is worth 1.8 million words.
– I’ve never seen how many words a GIF is worth, though.
- Choose the first 55-60 characters of your post carefully.
– This is similar to manually writing the Title for your blog posts or web pages.
– The first 55-60 characters, including spaces, of your Google+ post is what Google uses as the Title on search results pages.
– Make it snappy and work in a keyword or phrase if you can.
- Work the “About” menu.
– There are two key ways to do this.
– First, similar to the Title I spoke about before, you can provide the information that Google will use as the description under the title in search results.
– You have to really sell your practice here in fewer than 160 characters, so choose what you say wisely.
– Second, there is a “Links” section in the About menu.
– You definitely want to include your website, blog, other social media channels, and any landing pages you may have set up.
– Take advantage of every opportunity Google gives you to be seen by more of the patients you want.
– I hope you have found this series useful.
– For more information about Google+ and much more, get a copy of my book “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years.” The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.97 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com while supplies last.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.