Patient Attraction Episode 371
If I asked you to describe Facebook to your neighbor in 100 words or less, I bet you wouldn’t have much trouble. Same with Twitter and LinkedIn. I bet you could even describe Dentrix or Eaglesoft in 100 words or less. When we come back, I’m going to make sure you can do the same with Google+. Stay tuned.
– Colin Receveur here on Monday, March 23.
– For the next four days, I want to make sure you are aware of Google+ and, more importantly, why it matters.
– First, the basics.
– Google+ is a social network.
– It is part of your Google account.
– It’s kind of like Facebook in that you can import your contacts, then assign them to segments of your life.
– In Google+, these are called circles..
– You can also join public circles, called Communities, about things that interest you, just like on Facebook.
– And like on Facebook, you have a feed.
– And since Google+ is part of Google, when you search something on Google, results from your circles will show up in the results.
– There are several other features, such as Hangouts, which lets you instant message and video chat, that are pretty neat as well.
– You can also post reviews on Google+, as many dentists are finding out.
– So why haven’t you heard of or been more engaged with Google+?
– It’s just not that popular.
– It just has always been playing catch-up to the social media networks it seeks to replace and has never been able to unseat them.
– But that doesn’t mean you can’t use it to your advantage.
– For instance, you can get added search engine value for setting up a Google+ local page.
– Use the right keywords and it can help you show up higher on search engine results pages.
– These pages also allow you to show photos, maps, information and reviews about your practice.
– Posts you make in Google+ also appear in Google search results.
– This increases your visibility and authority.
– There are many other ways Google+ can benefit your practice.
– I’m going to tell you in more detail over the next three days.
– To find out more, I encourage you to get my book “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years.” The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.97 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com while supplies last.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.