Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1010
Dentists don’t spend 4 years in dental school to become marketers. That lack of familiarity with the principles of marketing can hurt them when they go into practice. After the break, I’ll tell you how you may well be killing your business without knowing it. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Dentists are focused on the business of solving patients’ dental problems, and they should be.
– Unfortunately, that means marketing often isn’t a priority.
– More dental schools are opening and more dental school grads are emerging to fuel the corporate dentistry machine.
– Dentists can’t afford to let marketing be an afterthought, and they can’t rely on what used to work.
– Your website could be killing your practice in this high-competition environment.
– If you’re like many dentists, you have a “fire and forget” approach to your dental website.
– Look, I get it: launching a website takes a lot of time and effort.
– Maintaining it takes even more effort.
– But these days, people don’t pick up the phonebook to find a dentist; they go online.
– If your website doesn’t have authoritative, quality content that answers their questions, patients won’t find you in search results.
– If your website has broken links, spam links, outdated design, or bad navigation, your prospects won’t find you.
– And if your website content isn’t optimized for Google search, someone else is getting your new patients.
– To be clear, there’s more to successful dental marketing than an up-to-date website that meets all of Google’s requirements.
– But your website is the last stop for dental prospects before they make a decision to choose you.
– Trying to update yourself on all the changes in Google’s requirements is a waste of your time.
– I have a better idea.
– Go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Resources tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos, and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.