Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1008
In yesterday’s podcast, I explained why SmartBox is migrating all of its dentists websites to HTTPS. Basically, it’s to ensure HIPAA compliance, avoid cyberattacks, and ensure website user privacy. After the break, I’ll run down some of the more technical things we’re doing to ensure the transition is seamless for you. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure, or HTTPS, helps meet the requirements for HIPAA-compliant websites.
– SmartBox is committed to making the transition process painless for our dentists.
– One thing, though – we could experience a small negative fluctuation in rankings and traffic.
– Think of moving from HTTP to HTTPS as a move to a new domain.
– When your website is HTTPS, Google will have to re-index the pages.
– In the long term, though, you should see improved rankings and traffic.
– There are 23 different steps we’re going to take to ensure the transition from HTTP to HTTPS is flawless.
– Relax, I’m not going to run down every step in this podcast.
– Instead, I’ll give you a summary by group, so to speak.
– Group 1: Verify and update.
– We’ll crawl your current site so that we have up-to-the-minute information on its current state.
– We’ll update content references, template references, various types of tags, and the modules, plug-ins, or add-ons that may be on your site.
– We’ll also make sure any external scripts like Java support HTTPS.
– We’ll get a security certificate and install it on our server.
– Group 2: Modify redirects and update links and the sitemap.
– This includes any current redirects and forcing them to HTTPS.
– We’ll make sure all links are intact, or we’ll remove or replace broken ones if needed.
– And Group 3: Everything else.
– This includes things like updating the analytics platform, your social share accounts, and your paid media, email, and marketing automation campaigns to use the HTTPS versions of the URLs.
– Basically, we’re going to do a great deal to make sure everything functions perfectly when your site is migrated.
– We’re excited about being able to offer our dentists a more secure platform and a better user experience – and the chance to build even greater trust with your prospects.
– Join us for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.