Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 966
There was a time when keywords were the most important thing for getting a high search ranking. Several factors have changed the game, and dentists need to know how to focus their efforts to get found online. I’ll be back after the break to explain the problem and the solution.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO and founder of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Thanks for tuning in to the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Because the nature of online search has changed in the last year or so, the strategy to be found online has to change as well.
– More and more, searching on Google returns local results, but those results aren’t based on simple keywords these days.
– Part of the reason for that is that people are more comfortable using conversational queries, particularly on mobile devices.
– Instead of a dozen or two dozen keywords, there are now uncounted number of long-tail phrases being used.
– Sticking to a keyword strategy isn’t giving dentists the results they used to enjoy.
– Another issue is that Google’s RankBrain is learning from all these conversational queries.
– Google increasingly returns the most relevant content to a searcher’s query in its featured snippet, which takes up a lot of search engine results page real estate.
– And that makes it even tougher to appear in first-page search results.
– So, what’s the solution for dentists to be found in search?
– Focus on providing extensive, top-quality content in a given topic rather than on keywords.
– For instance, a voice search for “dental implants in Birmingham” will return local results.
– You have to own the dental implants content territory … for your local area.
– Your website, your blog, your social media, and your white paper have to be seen as the most authoritative and responsive source of information to searchers’ queries.
– That gives your content a very good shot at appearing as the “featured snippet,” which is definitely where you want to be.
– It’s not as easy as tracking keywords, but the game has changed.
– Change your approach to ranking on Google, or stay lost.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.