Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 903
Are you having trouble selling your dental case solutions? It may be because you’re focused on the wrong thing. After the break, I’ll be back to tell you how interviewing your patient in depth can be the key to getting to “yes.” Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Thanks for joining me for this episode of the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I know a lot of dentists, and I hear many of them complain about not being able to sell big case solutions.
– If that’s true for you, I have a solution – stop selling treatment.
– The vast majority of your patients don’t care about what you’re going to do; they care about what they’ll get out of it.
– Other than money, your patients’ wants are the key determiner in whether they’ll agree to what you’re proposing.
– You might think you know what those wants are, but the only way to know for sure is to dig deeper than most dentists.
– That means interviewing your patients until you understand – from them, in their own terms – how they want their life to be after the procedure.
– For instance, being able to eat what they want and chew without discomfort is a big issue for most people.
– Exactly what does this particular patient want to eat?
– When you tell that patient that they’ll be free to indulge their peanut brittle addiction, you’re one step closer to getting to “yes.”
– Ask enough questions and you may learn that there’s a family reunion coming up.
– And that Aunt Mildred has always criticized them for not smiling.
– Now you know what’s important to that patient, and you’re going to give them a smile that will dazzle Aunt Mildred.
– When you take the time to discover what’s important to your patients in their own terms, you know how to promote the benefits and outcomes of your case solutions.
– So, forget the generalities and dive deeper for the specifics.
– You’ll get to “yes” far more often, and both you and your patients will be happier.
– If you want to see how Dr. Ronald Receveur increased collections from $900K to more than $2 million in just 5 years without “selling,” you should go to www.doublecollectionswithoutselling.com.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.