Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 920
What is your dental marketing company doing for you? If they’re providing SEO services, pay-per-click services, and/or video for your website, you need to make sure that they’re looking at the big picture. If they’re not, you’re throwing money away on what are essentially marketing scams. I’ll be right back to tell you how to protect yourself. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, and welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m really irritated right now, and I hope you’ll bear with me.
– I’ve been talking with dentists about their web marketing and their current marketing providers.
– Those marketing companies are basically polishing turds, as the saying goes, and serving them up as bright and shiny marketing solutions.
– And without pointing fingers at any particular company, those dentists are being scammed, in my opinion.
– Scam number 1: Say you’re a new dentist who doesn’t have a website yet.
– Your marketing firm says they’re going to optimize your marketing for local search.
– That flat doesn’t work, because your website is what you need to show up on local search.
– Scam number 2: You do have a website, and they’re optimizing it.
– But you have dated, low-quality content on the site, as far as Google is concerned.
– You’re throwing away money, because you still won’t place high in search results.
– Scam number 3: If you’re paying a company for PPC and they’re not focused on improving your website’s Quality score, you’re paying too much.
– Your Quality score majorly affects your cost for PPC.
– Scam number 4: Does your marketing company do your doctor and patient videos?
– If those videos aren’t optimized for Google, you’re not getting everything you’re paying for.
– And scam number 5: Exactly what are those companies providing for you?
– Impressions, hits, clicks, click-throughs, likes, follows?
– Those are great but they won’t make you a dime.
– The only metric that counts is new patient calls to your practice.
– Everything else is just a means to that end.
– Online dental marketing is a complex process in which everything has to work together to get you the results you want.
– If your current dental marketing company isn’t looking at the overall online picture and taking the appropriate steps, you’re being scammed.
– Join me for tomorrow’s podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.